Central Fest - Chicago area - Sat. August 27th

Brian Walsh

AK'ers and their spouses are invited to the sixth annual Central Fest at my home in Barrington, on Saturday, August 27th, from 12 noon till ??

It's RSVP only so I know how much meat and soft drinks to get and how many tables and chairs to rent.

Please E-MAIL or CALL me, please NO PMs on this site. Contact info is at the bottom of this post.

WHEN
Saturday, August 27, 2011 - noon till ??

WHERE
My house, Barrington, Illinois (NW Chicago suburb). When you contact me I will send you the address and easy to follow directions.

WHAT
Food, drinks, fun, silliness, and music with friends old and new. The sixth annual! Spouses/significant others welcome!

WHAT'S COOKING
Several kinds of excellent sausage, including Andouille, chicken, Polish, bratwurst, California Linguisa, Hungarian, etc. on the grill, ranging from mild to spicy. New addition this year: grilled marinated chicken.
Numerous side dishes, salads, and desserts, depending on what people bring. Plenty to enjoy for vegetarians!
Sweet corn from Twin Garden Farms...the best there is!
Water and soft drinks provided; please feel free to bring beer, wine, etc. to share!

Music throughout the day and especially in the evening - bring records and CDs to play.

Free for out of towners; locals are asked to bring a dish (salad, side, dessert) to pass. If you'll kindly let me know ahead of time what you'll bring, it will be appreciated!

People from the local area and various parts of the country (east, midwest, south, west) plan to attend.

WHERE TO STAY
Contact me for local hotel recommendations.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Brian Walsh
brian@essentialaudio.com
773-809-4434

Sweet!
thanks for the heads up. it is in my calendar.

That sounds like a ton of work, how do you afford to provide what sounds like a lot of the food / drink / chair rental / etc?

Sounds like we should be paying cover! :)

Last edited:
Thank you, I would enjoy that and would certainly be willing to bring plenty of food. (I own a pizza/pasta/catering business)

Thanks for doing this Brian. I missed it last year but will try to be there and bring the significant other with me. She is the new proud owner of a Sherwood S-8000 receiver and she "gets it." All it took was a click of the loudness control.. She lives in LBS so its like being a neighbor...I'll confirm via e-mail and run by side dish ideas in the near future. Thanks again.

I will confirm as the date approaches but I'm interested in attending. I very much enjoyed your demonstration of the Feickert Adjust+ at a Chicago Audio Society (or whatever its called) meeting last year and was really impressed with the gear that you used in that demonstration.

Follow up reminder:
Central Fest is less than 4 weeks away!

Anyone planning to attend who hasn't yet emailed me should please do so as soon as possible.

I expect I'll have a new high performance computer music server and DAC going that day, as well as CD player and turntables, so bring some tunes if you like.

Last call

It's only about a week away and is shaping up nicely.

Please email or call for info. Would appreciate it greatly to hear from everyone by next Tuesday as I intend to go shopping soon afterward and will need to know how many tables and chairs to rent.

Brian
773-809-4434

Holy Crap - How did I miss this?? Let me check with my planning committee to see what is shakin that weekend. Barrington is not that far for me.

Email has already been sent to Brian, but i wanted to post up here as well that I am looking forward to meeting some of you Chicagoland AKers, see you there!~

Holy Crap - How did I miss this?? Let me check with my planning committee to see what is shakin that weekend. Barrington is not that far for me.
No, and it's an easy drive. We'll start around noon and go till whenever. I've planned perfect weather. :D

Please contact me for the address and to let me know how many of you will be coming. Thanks!

Things are coming together well, and it looks as though the weather will cooperate :tresbon:

At the moment an estimated 35 to 40 people will show up.

Anyone who wants to attend who hasn't already let me know should please try to do so by tomorrow if possible.

We are getting close to "go" time! yes!

Hey, had a question for everyone... Any chance of a gear swap, etc while we are gathering? I am not sure if we are allowed to talk about that kinda stuff outside of Bartertown, but I just wanted to ask to see if it was possible and/or if there was interest.

**if it is a conflict of interest or a problem in any other way let me know and I can remove this comment. This is my first Fest so I am hoping to not put my foot in my mouth too early/often. :)

Back
Top Bottom