Difference between Sony STR 7055 and STR 7055A

spaghetti

Anybody knows the difference between the models? Externally they look the same as far as I can tell.

Andrea

Maybe somebody who has worked on both the 7055 and the 7055A could point out the internal differences as externally, I think they're pretty identical. I do know that the 7065 and 7065A service manuals are different.

The only information I could find on the differences between the 7055 and 7055A were on a German forum. http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-84-20166.html. Here is the Google translation:

Hello, every now and then one comes to the question, what is the difference between these devices? In response, I will here present the key differences. Initially 7055 to 7065 (1) The output of the 7065 is higher. (2) He has zustätzlich for tuning instrument (center display for FM) via a tuning input tool for qualitative indication of the strength the antenna input signal. (3) It provides function lamps that indicate which function is set, eg AUX PHONO FM AM TAPE. (4) is not the AUX input on the front of the 7055. But are the two microphone inputs 7065 (L + R) exists with level control, which allows a karaoke function. The broadcast receiving part is for both device types the same. The power supply is adapted during 7065 to the higher output power (eg 6800 MF 4700 MF held in the capacitors), the output stage contains other types of transistors. Then there are the two microphone amplifiers and the switching logic for "Mic" and the function display. interesting is the evolution of the A-models. Both the 7055A and the 7065A, the following changes compared to the current base model will find: (1) Newly developed power supply. The power supply for the RF part is via a specially existing transformer winding. (2) Completely newly developed AM-receiver. changed (3) FM intermediate frequency amplifier. amended (4) FM demodulator. (5) All new designed FM stereo decoder . I hope to have brought light into the darkness. Falls are any questions, go ahead. Greetings Eric

Something to check with the "a" series is pre-out.

I have a str 6046A and it has pre-out to power an external amp.

Might be another difference.

I remember going through the analysis years ago. IIRC, there were surprisingly big changes under the hood given the relatively little change to the cosmetics. There wasn't that much difference in specs, either.

I have no idea why that was done.

Cheers,

David

Back
Top Bottom