Scott 388 -- help to bring it back to glory!

pfejr

Hi all,

I've acquired a Scott 388 receiver that's in fair shape but has seen some sloppy repair work. Output transistors are mismatched with 2 Bendix QP-8 on one side and two 2SC1115 on the other. There's an omnipresent hiss in both channels. There are leaky caps on the driver boards, mismatched transistors, and a couple of the bigger caps are crusty on the leads/terminals. I'd like to get the right output transistors in it, recap it, and rebuild the driver boards. Many of the transistors are difficult to ID. I can't locate a service manual or schematic. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hi I might have it. But you need to be patient. I am recovering from knee surgery.
Send me an email or private message.

Lovely receivers and well worth putting in good shape. Sweet sound and a great tuner. Plenty of places for noise to come from, though. The pre amp circuit is likely to be hissy as well. Apart from dead caps and some noisy transistors be sure to measure resistors as they tend to go pretty far off spec. Wish I had schematic for you!

Thanks -- any other things to look out for? I've located service manuals, so I'll be ready to dig in soon.

Back
Top Bottom