"The Puget Sound!" DIY Speaker Contest for 2014

Here's the 200% Norske hisself: Dave Rosgaard entered a couple of speakers so I'm not sure which is which. Dave always wins something at almost every Contest he enters.

Absolutely correct -- even if nothing else, I'm at least recognized for attending.
:D

The speakers that started out as SpeakerLab 2's (a 2-way from mid-70's era), and which were transformed into 3-ways sounded a bit better to the judges than the compact 3-ways that I entered. Both of these entries were among the top 4 favored by the judges.

There were lots of good sounding speakers this year, and it seems that the level of sound quality gets increasingly better with every contest. Novices should not be discouraged -- there is a lot of technical information available on the internet these days, components of reasonable quality can be found at decent prices if you shop, and there are several experienced diy'ers available to help (within the local club, or on various forums). Most of all, it's a lot of fun to be part of it. I'm hoping that this event will encourage more folks to give it a try. Did I say it's FUN, too?!!
:music:

I'll try to post pictures later this evening.

Thanks you guys for the pics & info. Some of us just couldn't make it. Dam. -Rich

Rich,

I'm sorry you couldn't make it, it's a lot of fun. We get people from Canada, Oregon, Eastern Washington, Federal Way and the Western side of Puget Sound, as well as up to Bellingham.

Next time, OK?

Best Regards,
TerryO

This is some of the show goers waiting for the tabulation of results:
attachment.php

And more people waiting to see the finish of the Contest:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks for the awesome pics and info. Looks like you guys had a great time. Maybe next year I too can make it up. I don't build speakers but it would be fun to hear and see some of the ones you guys are building.
Congrats to all the winners and to all those that entered the contest. And thanks TerryO for gettin' this whole thing together.

The dust has settled and here are the results:

1-way speaker (under $75) Will Jennings

2-way speaker (under $200) Rene' Jaeger

3-way speaker (under $300): 1st Place Gary Gesellchen
" (under $300): 2nd Place Dave Rosgaard

" (over $300): 1st Place Howard Grim

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kit:

Under $175 Terry Olson

$175-$325 Bruce Jensen

Over $325 CSS Kit

Last edited:
Terry (and others):

Thanks so much for another very entertaining and informative string on the annual event! Maybe next year...

Dave

Back
Top Bottom