Audio Clubs and Meet-ups

Freds.Bands

Live Music Listener
I wonder what is the difference between clubs and meetups. I wonder if anyone here has organized a meetup group for audio, and how to do it.

Thanks for your inputs.

What I'd like to see on this forum and similar other forums is a locator. It would be nice if there was a map or something similar where members could "place a pin" where they live. I'm in North Dakota, and there aren't a lot of members that I know of up here. As far as I know, there are three others within 100 miles.
I guess this is something the mods or the knowledgeable folks would have to do, but I think it would be great for arranging get togethers.
Mike

I wonder what is the difference between clubs and meetups. I wonder if anyone here has organized a meetup group for audio, and how to do it.
Thanks for your inputs.
Well a club is a more formal entity. Membership lists, charter, officers (or at least a chain of command) and such.
A meet up is easier to deal with - you find a place to meet, start inviting people, plan some activities, ask people to bring food, maybe some chairs / tables and help with clean-up.
Then you put a link in your signature line and watch the magic happen.

Read through some of the posts and look at the pictures of the various events and make it happen!

Back
Top Bottom