Any Aker's in Westchester NY?

GD70

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I thought it would be fun to meet a few local Aker's to trade notes, audition gear and projects, shoot the chit etc...

Also, are there any vintage audio clubs, gatherings or shows in the area? I googled it and nothing showed up. I called the Westchester County Center in White Plains but nothing scheduled.

Cheers

Wish I could help, but I'm a bit far away from Westchester. There is a record fair in NYC called the WFMU coming up at the end of November though.

A-yup

And a hearty 2nd for the WFMU record fair, and pretty much all of thier fine efforts. Been a supporter for years.

Where are you?

A couple of us have been talking about getting together downstate. I wonder how many AK'ers we could get if we could find a place around the Newburgh area?

A couple of us have been talking about getting together downstate. I wonder how many AK'ers we could get if we could find a place around the Newburgh area?

I'm in.

I am in Norther Westchester and also Rockland Co.

I remember there was an AK-er who ran a internet radio deal out of that crazy old Mill site in Garnerville - that would be perfect - as would a location in Newburgh.

I believe Gary Galo or Audio Amateur / Speaker Builder fame lives and teaches in N-Burgh.....

Count me in!

At the last meet up in Clinton, MA Chuck (cc43fan) and I were talking about a local event. The Frankenfests are so much fun but it is a haul especially for guys coming from northern NJ or PA.

I have been in contact with the fire dept I volunteer at to host a fest in the southern NY area. The hall is located near the Harriman exit off the I-87. The Woodbury Commons outlet stores are right there for the other halves as well (might not be a good thing). I'm sure if attendees can toss a few bucks in the form of a donation to the fire house they would be happy to help us out. More details to come as I work out the details. I'm thinking maybe early April would be a good time. What do you guys think?

I would be in, definitely, wonder how we can target market to the local pool of AKers?

At the last meet up in Clinton, MA Chuck (cc43fan) and I were talking about a local event. The Frankenfests are so much fun but it is a haul especially for guys coming from northern NJ or PA.

I have been in contact with the fire dept I volunteer at to host a fest in the southern NY area. The hall is located near the Harriman exit off the I-87. The Woodbury Commons outlet stores are right there for the other halves as well (might not be a good thing). I'm sure if attendees can toss a few bucks in the form of a donation to the fire house they would be happy to help us out. More details to come as I work out the details. I'm thinking maybe early April would be a good time. What do you guys think?

Now that the holidays are over (I assume we all survived!), let's get the ball rolling on the idea again. Is early April doable for most of the AK'ers in the area?

Still interested & gathering names of likely local and semi-local AK-ers.

Where might his gathering be, again, A firehouse in Newburgh, if I recall correctly?

Still interested & gathering names of likely local and semi-local AK-ers.

Where might his gathering be, again, A firehouse in Newburgh, if I recall correctly?

I believe around the Newburgh area is the correct answer. I think Mike might have more details to add after a meeting he's got scheduled this week.

Back
Top Bottom