DSP A3090 for music?

bcbud3

I purchased one recently because I know the reviews on it are stellar. I am wondering what would be the best way to use this amp? It will be strictly for music. I would be using a CD palyer and streaming from my computer. Would a simple 2 channel setup be better or a 5channel? What is the pros/cons of this? Thanks

I can't comment on how the A3090 sounds, other than if it is as good as the RX-V3000 that I use for both 5.1 and stereo you will like it!!

I generally only listen to audio in "effect off" or stereo, and almost all of the time I use the V3000 as a preamp to a Magnavox tube amplifier. Sounds great that way, but it isn't a slouch listening through the surround speakers either, in 2 channel mode.

I depends what you are streaming. In your case for music only from your computer, just like for your CDs, 2 ch will be enough. For movies the 5.1 or 7.1 with extra presence speakers could be fun, though the decoding in the 3090 is somewhat behind the times. For you, the advantage of going with 5.1 is you can try adding the DSP hall effects to your music and see if you like it. They are not everyone's cup of tea but they can be nice if you tone them down a lot.

I have a later RX-V1 I used for my computer, 2 ch only using the digital out of my computer and the DACs in the Yamaha. Sounds great with a little pair of PSB.

Back
Top Bottom