Component boards MC60s

nj pheonix

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a question. I have a pair of MC60s which I had to rework duee to prior work being shabby (I'm being very kind here). Anyway it appears the component boards (I suspect there is an actual term for them I'm not familiar with were cracked at the bottom where they attach to the angle brackets to the chassis. They were glued somehow before with little success. Electrically they aren't effected. First, are replicas available? If not is there a proven method to make a better repair. Its not like they move much once they're set up. I'd just like them to be as right as possible. Any ideas?

That's a tough place to attempt a repair. I had a set of MC-30 turret boards (so named for the mounting turrets used for the point-to-point wiring) that had broken in the middle from a similar problem with 'meatball' repair work being applied to them.

In that case, I was able to use toothpicks as splints along with epoxy to salvage the old boards. The toothpicks were used to span the cracks on both sides of the boards then the epoxy was applied where it did not interfere with the caps on one side and the resistors on the other. It was tedious but successful.

Post some pics and let's see if some of the armchair bench techs here have some ideas in a similar vein. The amps are worth the effort, IME.

Cheers,

David

well one is up and running before and after.
I still have to resolve the cracked board. I was thinking of cleaning area with Qtip and rubbing alcohol and maybe using small pieces of breadboard to give it a little strength (epoxy)

Attachments

• IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 27
well one is up and running before and after.
I still have to resolve the cracked board. I was thinking of cleaning area with Qtip and rubbing alcohol and maybe using small pieces of breadboard to give it a little strength (epoxy)

Breadboard/epoxy sandwich is the best solution. It'll be the strongest and won't ignite.

Back
Top Bottom