Technics SU 7600 Amplifier Problem

andrzejek

Bought it recently. One fuse was blown and I have replaced both of them. Checked it also inside and there is no sign of any problems. The relay clicks about 1 1/2 seconds after power-up.

I tested it using record player and when turned the volume to the max, you can hear the sound coming out but really faint.

My next step is to use "Deoxit" and use it as indicated in Audiokarma post, but maybe someone has other suggestions?

See if there are pre and main connectors in the back, and if cable or jumpers connecting them. Also, make sure there are no shorting plugs in tape or main output jacks (shorting plugs are RCA type connectors with no cable) Also, work tape monitor switches. If you have a tape deck, see if there is output to the tape deck. One last check - some amps the speakers are connected in series in the a+b position. Make sure the amp is in the a speaker positions. An lastly, sometimes knobs can be put on the shafts out of position, so check extremes to see if they are in the right position. This is all off the top of my head, so some suggestions may not apply to the su-7600. Good luck with it.

There are no pre amp and main options and nothing else is connected. I don't have a deck, so I can only try CD player using AUX input.

I think I checked all switch positions but I will look closely at he shafts out of position.

I am brand new into this so appreciate your help.

To give an update. After using Deoxit things started to look better. I have the sound.

But only left channel. There is a crackling coming from the right one. And when put on Mono both are working fine.

So the question is what to do next? Should I try to deoxit again? If yes, what areas?

If not what should I look for in regards to one channel?

Since both channels work in the mono mode, problem is pretty much narrowed down to the selector or tape monitor switches. See if it works okay in the tape monitor inputs - If so concentrate on the selector and the first tape monitor switch. If problem is still there when using tape input, then the problem is probably in the last tape monitor switch or in the mono switch. Looks like cleaning and working switches is the solution. FWIW there is a service manual available on Hifiengine.com (free but have to register)

Back
Top Bottom