Yamaha CR-220

redeldo

Wayne
The nearest Craigslist has a Yamaha CR-220 available using the adjectives: clean, nice, excellent condition, no distortion, rate 9 out of 10, sounds great.

Is this receiver worth looking at? It was hooked to Kenwood 777 speakers (rated at 200 watts) and shook the walls at half the volume.

how much ????????? den system bedroom, childs stereo almost any where you want to put it small cr series just as nice as upper end stuff just less power

Attractive, reasonably small, sounds good, well built. Whether it's worth looking at depends entirely upon cost. It's about 15 wpc. Manual's available at yamaha.co.jp
attachment.php

yamahammer said:
how much ????????? den system bedroom, childs stereo almost any where you want to put it small cr series just as nice as upper end stuff just less power

I went back to the ad and they were asking $45.00. Also, might have one bulb out. Picture looks pretty good, does not seem to have been abused.

not a bad price if it is truly 9 out of 10 lights are not hard to replace in the cr series depending which one it is ( have a cr620 that i had to replace one light in the meters and the pionter) if it were me i would like to see if it sounds as pretty as my 2015 marantz baby

The CR-220 and 240 are decent modest power receivers, although at one time I actually had a CR-240 driving stacked Advents in the shop system. I can double check the service manual, but I seem to recall that the CR-220 was the odd man out of the CR-n20 line in that it uses 14V 80mA lamps. The bias adjustment is quite straight forward.

Rob

mhardy6647 said:
For comparison, here's the innards of a CR-240.

attachment.php

Thanks for the pics MH. The 220 innards looks like a mess compared to the clean organized look of the 240.

The unit is still available and I don't think the guy will cut the price any :sigh: . I was going to go Saturday and look at it but a local ad has a record set with 300 records for sale and I'm trying to decide which way to go. Also, the local SA has 3 speakers from United Technology that look quite good, and the real estate lady is bringing some prospective buyers for the house.

I feel like the dog that has to go real bad and I'm looking at 3 fire hydrants :confused:

I think the 240 looks cleaner because it's got more IC's than the earlier CR-220. I don't consider that to be a plus :)

The CR-240's a very decent machine, too, though. 20 wpc. I have one in our daughter's room as her 'spare' when she's home from college.

Back
Top Bottom