parts for ca1010

2011etec

is it even possible to get a variable resistor volume control for a ca 1010 anymore?part number 39 in parts manual. part number 420000 HY00058.

is it even possible to get a variable resistor volume control for a ca 1010 anymore?part number 39 in parts manual. part number 420000 HY00058.

Hmm..:scratch2: Could try the parts pirates on the bay. These controls are usually attached to and amplifier.(parts unit). A new"old stock" part is going to be a very rare bird.

I suppose I will just live with the goofy volume .the unit was totally cleaned and even a few caps replaced but after a little while the volume started to cut out .was told by another tech that its possible that the volume resistor could be flat spotted from constant use and im basically doomed.its working fine for the last 4 hrs after I gave it a good thump on the top.i trust the tech that cleaned it so im inclined to believe the other theory.the darn thing is spotless now.been running it in class a for a while, sure sounds sweet.absolute worse case I will have to get a nice preamp and run her that way or save and get the Yamaha a-s801or the a-s 2100.

Last edited:
You could also move the Audio Muting switch to -20dB and turn up the volume to a fresher spot.

The volume cutting out and being brought back with a slap or rap to the cabinet could very well be a need to replace the speaker protection relay. That's a common problem with 1010's.

You could also move the Audio Muting switch to -20dB and turn up the volume to a fresher spot.

The volume cutting out and being brought back with a slap or rap to the cabinet could very well be a need to replace the speaker protection relay. That's a common problem with 1010's.

That would be the relay on the bottom side power supply board.

Could also be the coupler switch on the rear panel is still dirty.

I'd also give that volume control a couple good Deox-it treatments before condemming it.

Last edited:
well guys I panicked.it had just been fixed and cleaned and the only option left was a bad volume control.NOPE! it is a bad tuner .the old Marantz is in dire need of fixing I guess.replaced with a legacy series Marantz and everything is kosher,been thrashing the old girl since last night ,she rocks!one last thing while were at it .what setting do I use for phono for an at95e on a akai ap206?theres 2 or 3 different ohm settings for mm and 1 for mc which I know I don't have.thanks for the help guys your the best.

well guys I panicked.it had just been fixed and cleaned and the only option left was a bad volume control.NOPE! it is a bad tuner .the old Marantz is in dire need of fixing I guess.replaced with a legacy series Marantz and everything is kosher,been thrashing the old girl since last night ,she rocks!one last thing while were at it .what setting do I use for phono for an at95e on a akai ap206?theres 2 or 3 different ohm settings for mm and 1 for mc which I know I don't have.thanks for the help guys your the best.

47KΩ / 100-200pf per AT95E spec sheet in the owners manual.
Owners manual can be found at vinylengine.com

Last edited:
thanks avionic.stupid amp is still being goofy once in a blue moon.being retired I cant afford to be constantly taking it in to get fixed .though I cant prove it im sure its a flatspot on the control.sure wish I could work on these myself.if it only does it once in a blue moon I will live with it .seems like all my stereo stuff is dying .as long as im still working I quess im ahead of the deal,lol.as an add on I would hope the tech I took it to knows what he was doing.unfortunatly im not in a position to say weather he,s good or bad.im not really attached to the amp so if she gives me lots of issues which I hope doesn't happen I will kick it to the curb and get a brand new one from Yamaha.i like my htr 6130 surround receiver but it is just a little low on power for my main system if that makes any sense.maybe something out of the a-s series?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom