Magnum Dynalab Service?

dread31

Addicted Member
Anyone know where to send MD products for service/repair in the MD/VA/NC area?

Regards,
Dave

I sent them an email about an hour ago. Given the time and day, I doubt I'l be hearing from them until at least monday. I checked online and the closest place I can find is in NYC. If I can, I'd rather go with someone recommended by the manufacturer. If that doesn't pan out, then I have someone in mind. It's long out of warranty, so, that really isn't my concern. Just want to make sure it goes to someone good.

The malfunction just occured this evening.

Regards,
Dave

Magnum Dyanlab service......

This is just some info on my experience with Magnum Dyanlab manufacturer that I thought I'd pass along......

A few years back I had wanted my Magnum Dynalab FT-101A FM Tuner and MD-205 Signal Sleuth checked and serviced (even use a Magnum Dynalab ST-2 outside antenna). If I recall, there was an individual in Colorado that offered to service, update, etc. it but after a considerable amount of thought, I opted to send it to the actual original manufacturer up in Canada. :smoke:
The choice is yours but think about it for a minute, who else would know exactly everything about it, servicing, updating, etc., than the actual manufacturer? I'm sure there are qualified technicians out there that could possibly service it but then again this is just me. Ultimately the choice is yours and yours alone. :scratch2:

Just a word of warning to you. :sigh: Hopefully you still have the original box for it? Because..."IF" you decide to send it to the manufacture up in Canada you need to send it in it's original box if not, once received they will only ship it back to you in a original box, styrafoam, etc. and charge you extra $$$ just for that on top of the original quoted price for servicing! I wasn't too happy with this to say the least but if I wanted my stuff back, well lets just say they had me and I really had no other choice but to pay it! :sigh:

Today they both are working great, no problems. :thmbsp:

Well that was my experience with Magnum Dyanlab so those are just a couple of things to consider. :yes:

Good Luck! :D

Last edited:
once received they will only ship it back to you in a original box, Styrofoam, etc. and charge you extra $$$ just for that on top of the original quoted price for servicing!

I would expect NOTHING less from the manufacturer when returning the unit. They spend money to determine how to ship the unit without damage and their stuff is designed for the journey. It is unknown whether the used, already shipped once, packaging it was received in will survive another road trip.

It should be a given that this packaging charge would show up on anything shipped by a manufacturer that is received in less than excellent original packaging. Now as to the charge, maybe that should have been part of the quote and then a discount if it is not needed.

I hand carried a McCormack DNA-1 amp to McCormack of Virginia and it was in new packaging when I picked it up even though I used the original box and packing to transport it. No extra charge. That is how it should be.

Back
Top Bottom