Color match for CA/CT series top grill?

LexDM3

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a couple of units that have light corrosion on the top ventilation grills. I'll sand and repaint them but want to match the original color if possible.

One is a CA-810, the other is a CR-820. Has anyone found a readily available spray can (Krylon, Rustoleum, etc.) that comes pretty close to matching the original color used in this series? I looked through some restoration posts in this forum but didn't find anything. Maybe I missed it.

Thanks. --Dan

Bump. Any suggestions? I hope to repaint one this weekend. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Dan,
can you tell me how you got the grill out of the CA-810 wood case? I tried once and found that it seems to be glued. I'd like to take it out to clean it deeply.

For the color, I didn't find any answer yet. Maybe you should just try some light metallic grey/silver should match.

Stephan

There are auto body shops that will color-match pretty much anything, and put it into an aerosol can for you. Shouldn't be hard to find one in your area. Cost is typically $15-20 around here.

Ths364 - Good idea. If I can't find a stock color that's pretty close, I'll do that. Thanks.

Stephan - My CA-810 is in service at a friend's house and I won't be painting that yet. I didn't pull the grills on that so don't know how they come out. I will be painting the CR-820 grills soon. I imagine they are mounted the same way so I'll let you know what I learn.

Back
Top Bottom