Thorens owners group

candg.wales

I love this forum as I am in th process of renovating my old Thorens TD160B

I just wondered if there would be support for a Thorens group on here so all threads can easily be tracked.

Any thoughts anyone ?

Graham

Thorens owners unite! Let my people in.:D

Thorens002_zpsee3d546a.jpg

I would definitely support a dedicated Thorens forum. Hey ILikeVinyl! My TD160 has a stock TP-16 arm. Did you have one before the SME arm? I'd love to hear your impressions on the difference.

Yep! Got my first, a TD 160C, just two weeks ago. Pretty well overhauled and set up now. Loving it. Plenty of rebuild info @ analogdept but would love to see a thorens forum at AK. BTW I know where a couple of clean TP60 head shells are (not mine) I can possibly put someone in touch with the guy if interested.

Here are the Thorens that I use. The TD 160 Super has an Ortofon OM10 Cartridge, the TD 165 has a Signet MR 5.0b. Many hours of enjoyment on these, I do prefer the 160 super becuase of the SME 3009 2 Improved arm

Nice pics of your Thorens :D

Attachments

• thorens 160 Super.jpg
    thorens 160 Super.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 374
  • thorens 160 Super 2.jpg
    thorens 160 Super 2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 322
  • thorens 165.jpg
    thorens 165.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 319
Great. Let's have tweaking restoring ideas

Getting excited here now. I have my original TD160B II / SME 3009 II Imp which bought in 1974 when I was a Hi Fi salesman. Waiting to order belt and oil for bearing. Also looking for best way to polish the cover. I love seeing people's pics of customising this TT. Keep the pics coming.

Graham

Back
Top Bottom