KM-207 right channel issues

Earlsays

I have a
KM207 power amp hooked to a KC207 preamp, original owner bought it new in 1988, barely used it, and I acquired the setup in 2007, and it has seen almost daily use since then.

In 2009 the dual red power LEDs on the face plate quit working, however, the LED power meters still work.

Around the same time, the right channel began to drop out intermittently. This became more and more frequent, and so far this year, there has been zero RH audio 90% of the time.

I found tonight pushing on the right hand side of the outer casing, audio would return, then drop out again.

I removed the outer case, found large heat sinks on either side (this is what I was pushing on)

I removed the case from the amp, magic, audio loud, clear and even from both channels....

Still, no LED power indicator

Thoughts?

I had a km-208, the LED's for output level never worked on mine, just the power meters. Your issue sounds like a solder joint gone bad. If you know how to solder, take a look at everything and reflow anything that looks suspect. I would start with the rca connectors.

btw, I had the matching kc-208 preamp with mine and it is just not a good preamp. I upgraded to an adcom pre and everything sounded much, much better. A cheaper solution would be a passive attenuator, you can build these with minimal parts, very cheap and an effective solution.

Back
Top Bottom