These pictures aren't for the meek or weak.

Kindof reviving my old thread but I just finished this project and can't believe it's been as far back as May already. I replaced all the glass and the lamps and it works fantastic. Now i just need to read the manual:scratch2: Never been much of an AV guy. I really like the DVD player. I went to my music store and bought three concert DVD's and watched/played them on my projector and in two channel stereo. I bought Some Neil young, James Taylor and Talking Heads. What a cool new experience! Well, I just can't hold back on this because I think I did pretty good altogether. I bought the stack for 1,300.00. I put 700.00 into it in parts. Pretty good huh? I'll tell you what though. That was no easy task replacing the glass and lamps.

Attachments

• IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 133
Glad to see this come to fruition. That stack looks awesome indeed.

As a latecomer to the thread, I'd just like to say, I think Lois is hot. Yeah, I'd spank that. :D

I am both meek AND weak, and I didn't have a problem.
Your buddy was at least complicit for having stacked them up on a dining table. I might have placed them on the table, but not stacked.

Last edited:
I'm wondering why they were stacked on the table and stacked close enough to one end that bumping the table caused the whole thing to fall over. Center of mass people.

. I bought Some Neil young, James Taylor and Talking Heads. What a cool new experience! Well, I just can't hold back on this because I think I did pretty good altogether. I bought the stack for 1,300.00. I put 700.00 into it in parts. Pretty good huh?

Wow. Very cool! Congratulations on the successful sweat equity! :D

That gear is beautiful!

Great job, tuffstuff. Too bad the original owner can't see how you've lovingly brought it back. I know if it were me, I'd be happy it is still being enjoyed.

Kindof reviving my old thread but I just finished this project and can't believe it's been as far back as May already. I replaced all the glass and the lamps and it works fantastic. Now i just need to read the manual:scratch2: Never been much of an AV guy. I really like the DVD player. I went to my music store and bought three concert DVD's and watched/played them on my projector and in two channel stereo. I bought Some Neil young, James Taylor and Talking Heads. What a cool new experience! Well, I just can't hold back on this because I think I did pretty good altogether. I bought the stack for 1,300.00. I put 700.00 into it in parts. Pretty good huh? I'll tell you what though. That was no easy task replacing the glass and lamps.

$2000 for all that stuff is a steal! Great job!
Now get it off the dining room table.

Yeah, I'm thinking that's SCROE material there. There's over $5k in gear in that photo . . .

Keep it and enjoy it! Oh, and update your sig will ya'!?!

Great outcome!

The great thing about the MX134 is that it has an external input. So you can hook up a modern Blu-Ray player and decode all the latest audio formats. Not shabby for A/V gear that is over 10 years old. This is what I do with my MX135. Use the PJ to select the video.

How does the 206 sound to you? No transformer output but it should still have that Mac sound.

Tom

Thanks all. I appreciate the info Tom. I did not know the MX-134 would support all the formats. That's great to know. The MC-206 is very dynamic. It is waaaaay different than my MC-250's & 2100. My Yamaha speakers sound nice and laid back with the 250's and too bright with the MC-206. I have other speakers that aren't as bright as the Yamaha 's. What do you mean by "PJ"? Working on the sig D. Haha!

I laugh when I think of all the 5.1 and 7.1 ch MX units that are sold because folks don't realize they can use the multi-channel inputs to get the HD soundtracks from a Bluray player's analog outputs. It's almost like its a secret ...

TS1 - all you need is a Bluray player with a built in decoder. Those all have analog outputs that can be connected to your MX134. Then you can also play SACD and DVD multi-channel discs as well.

External Inputs

Yep,
I use an Oppo BDP-95 to decode the latest BluRay audio formats and then run its analog outputs to the external input of my MX135. Also works great for multi-channel SACD's. I use my projector's dual HDMI inputs to switch video between the Oppo and my cable box.

PJ=Projector

This way I get off the constant upgrade drug.

Tom

Last edited:

Excellent!
Well done!
Congratulations! :thmbsp:

Thanks guys! That makes me feel good. It was tedious work and somehow found the patience to get it done and still have a steady hand. I appreciate the compliments. Once I got going it was fun. I even went as far as peeling the old metal reflective tape off the shattered glass and affixing it to the new. I wonder why McIntosh doesn't supply the glass with the reflective tape on it, or doesn't it matter.

For all that glass and the rest I would have expected a much high parts cost. You did fabulously well with it and it looks great. When I got my one and only piece of Mac gear, it needed work on the circuit. I went to the trouble of removing the glass, placing it on 2 pieces of corrugated cardboard and wrapping it up in a large, thick towel to store out of the way on a shelf in the garage, just to avoid breaking the glass. Did not want that repair cost on top of everything else. Glad you like the gear and the music it makes.

Enjoy.

Shelly_D

Back
Top Bottom