These pictures aren't for the meek or weak.

tuffstuff1

The owner was moving back to Memphis from Cleveland and set the stack on his dining room table. His wife bumped the table and TIMBER!!! The wife is still in Cleveland. I got the stack though. It will be a fun winter project.

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,001
  • IMG_1357.jpg
    IMG_1357.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 645
  • IMG_1355.jpg
    IMG_1355.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 733
I'd be playing Tammy Wynette's record D-I-V-O-R-C-E.

Last edited:
Wow! That's nasty.. probably wouldn't of been twice as bad if they'd had metal face plates instead of glass.

Look at it like this, if the wife hadn't spilled the gear on the floor, then the OP wouldn't have been able to snag it!

I say good for her!

Look at it like this, if the wife hadn't spilled the gear on the floor, then the OP wouldn't have been able to snag it!

I say good for her!

Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking................Mind you, must have been a pretty hefty bump.......LOL.....

Good score though.....

Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking................Mind you, must have been a pretty hefty bump.......LOL.....

Good score though.....

Probably hauling her china out of the kitchen with a hand truck.:scratch2:

I guess that's why dining room tables are not called equipment storage tables. I wonder what he did to piss off the karma gods?

Gotta admit,I'm rather surprised there's no metal sheet underneath the glass what with just the circuit board/boards showing (unlike most vintage gear). If these are cracked too which is very likely giving the impact.. It's gonna be a real hard fix!

I think she did it on purpose. Maybe us divorced guys with psycho ex wives are jaded. Then again, I know for a fact that there are a few of you ( and probably more) who have psycho current wives.
If you didn't pick it up there's a bit of sarcasm in this. Still its sad to see any nice equipment damaged like that.

Last edited:
If this had been a pile of Sansui, or Kenwood etc, though the gear is not as expensive, the fix would have been much more difficult - at least McIntosh can still provide many replacement parts from stock.

He moved back to Memphis while his wife was still in Cleveland?

Who did you buy the stack from??? :scratch2: :D :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom