Help Hooking Up Mc2105 to Marantz 2230

jdwdmi

Well I bought a MC2105 today, wow this thing is way heavier than I expected. For now I will have to make due with a Marantz 2230 as a preamp.

I have never had any thing but integrated/receivers, I just don't want to hook anything up wrong and damage my gear. Please help me out I cant wait to hear it! Thanks in advanced.

Pretty simple. Pull out the jumpers that connect the "Pre Out" to the "Main In" and connect the "Pre Out" on the Marantz to the RCA inputs on the MC2105.

Disconect the jumpers from main in/ pre out. then run RCA interconects from the pre out L/R to the power amp L/R. This will disconect the 2230 pre form the amp inside the 2230.

r_2230.jpg

Thanks, that's weird though. I have it hooked up like the pic shows to the only RCA's on the back of the 2105. I have the gains turned up on the Mac and the volume on the Marantz and nothing?? What could I be missing.

Thanks, that's weird though. I have it hooked up like the pic shows to the only RCA's on the back of the 2105. I have the gains turned up on the Mac and the volume on the Marantz and nothing?? What could I be missing.

Did you move the speaker cables to the Mc2105 ?

HAHA. Thanks for your help 4-2-7. ....Close, the optical cable from my DAC was loose. Never hooked up an amp to a receiver, now I know how. Thanks for your time!

HAHA. Thanks for your help 4-2-7. ....Close, the optical cable from my DAC was loose. Never hooked up an amp to a receiver, now I know how. Thanks for your time!

Well I'll be here till you get it going, Hell I want to know what you think.:thmbsp:

Well I'll be here till you get it going, Hell I want to know what you think.:thmbsp:

I used a Yamaha receiver for a preamp with my MC2105 while I was waiting for my C29 preamp to be delivered. Didn't sound bad at all but I was happy when the C29 preamp showed up.

Hell I didnt even notice ... i eclipsed my 2300th post ... oh well now I gotta hit 2600 before retiring my acct ...

Yep.

Not a lot of post in 6 years so their probably gone till the next time they want help.

Nope. Still here, I have a little one so time in front of the computer and stereo is a lot less these days.

I appreciate your guys help when I do need it though.

Only got to listen for a half and hour last night but the MC2105 has plenty of power! The sound is kinda grainy from the 2230, it has had a complete recap. I was thinking about trying to bypass it and just plug my DAC Magic straight to the Mac. Not sure if that will work or not. I regret selling off my MA 6100 a year ago, that would have worked much better.

So the research begins on a preamp, I was leaning towards something Solid State, maybe the C28/C29. I have some reading to do, when I can find the time.

Thanks

I used a Yamaha receiver for a preamp with my MC2105 while I was waiting for my C29 preamp to be delivered. Didn't sound bad at all but I was happy when the C29 preamp showed up.

Glad to hear you are liking the C29, what made you chose that over the C28?

A lot of choices, I would like to keep it under $1000. Anything from Mcintosh that I should avoid?

Glad to hear you are liking the C29, what made you chose that over the C28?

A lot of choices, I would like to keep it under $1000. Anything from Mcintosh that I should avoid?

i have a C29 and a 2100 and I think they sound great together. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom