sdr (software defined reciever) opinions?

radioactive

tube gear fanatic
Subscriber
First off its a long shot but does anyone on ak use one and if so what do you use..?im probally going to get one in the near future and wannna hear what your using amd your thoughts.

I've been using old boatanchor receivers and more modern ones but this newer fandangled technology has got me intriqued.:yes: i'm mosltly interested in hf and have been looking at 2 specific receivers the elad fdm s2 or the comm radio cr1A.i like the comm radio as it offers the best of both worlds and can can be used independetley of a computer.who knows i might get hooked on this and sell all my radios become lazy and instead of tuning a knob all i have to do is look at a screen and see the signals:smoke: mabe i can get sandy to get into this too and then mabe he will send me a r390a gratis:D

I've never tried one, but all I've heard about them is good. If you make the jump be sure to let us know what you think!

Looked long and hard at the CR-1a, but it was too much $$ for something I was unsure about.

Lots of info on it at radio reference.com in their forum section under sdr.im waiting to see how the gui looks.so far i havnt seen any vidieos for it with it hooked upto a computer

Hello,

I have designed a radio using a Si4735 chip which is a DSP radio. I guess it would be defined as a SDR in basic principals. It works really well. It was based on a design presented as a project from Elektor magazine, now a few years back. I did many upgrades to my implementation. With a 4x40 character LCD it glows a nice blue along with the dimly lit encoders used for various functions, such as tuning, seek, memory recall etc.

Cheers
Rick

Hello,

I have designed a radio using a Si4735 chip which is a DSP radio. I guess it would be defined as a SDR in basic principals. It works really well. It was based on a design presented as a project from Elektor magazine, now a few years back. I did many upgrades to my implementation. With a 4x40 character LCD it glows a nice blue along with the dimly lit encoders used for various functions, such as tuning, seek, memory recall etc.

Cheers
Rick

Cool,sounds interesring.got any pictures of it.?whats the frequeuncy range, etc...

Back
Top Bottom