Two Channel Therapy

The monitors in my initial system post were Aurum Cantus Leisure 3 with all drivers made by Aurum Cantus. Those have moved to a new home, but the ribbon tweeter was very sweet.
Rick

Dope :smoke:

Really though... what a gorgeous system. I can only assume it sounds as good as it looks.

-Josh

The sound has become a little of a wonderful dichotomy. The Thiels present great detail and the VAC tubes have wonderful 3d sound with a slight warmth. The combination works very well together IMO.

Looks like a wonderful system. Sounds like a wonderful journey. I love your turntable, and would love to hear everything. Congratulations!

So long without a proper update... What a difference 4 years makes in this crazy hobby.
Moved to a new home one year ago that provides me with with my own dedicated room.
Most everything has changed since 2014 so I will just start at the top of my Billy Bags rack. Origin Live Resolution Mk3-2 with the OL Illustrious mk3c tonearm are on top with the Ortofon Cadenza Black is currently installed. The signal is passed to a VAC Renaissance V preamp with phono and then to an Ayre VX-5/20 amplifier. Speakers are Thiel CS2.4. Also connected to the VAC is my Ayre Codex DAC that is currently fed through a modified Logitech Touch with Roon and Tidal. Balanced interconnects are employed. Cables are Audience AU24 SE and SX with the power conditioned by the Audience aR6 TSSD. Room has treatments by ATS acoustics.

9B472D0C-7ACC-45C6-80FC-6AC0E285A5AA.jpeg 64D6DF5F-FB41-4485-BA7A-F566B8D40F2B.jpeg

I love seeing updates after so many years, showing how systems change as our lives change. Thanks for posting.

I had the North East Florida Audio Society over for a vinyl listening session Sunday past... of course the system had to have an issue. I stupidly had installed some new tubes from VAC in the phono section and then panicked that they needed more time to settle in. Swapped back the old tubes before the meeting and adjusted everything to thier strengths. Well apparently they had no strengths left. The bass was boomy and the highs shrill. Tried some adjustments during the session to no avail. After it was completed I changed back the new tubes. Well I now know how stupid I was. The system again is performing well and is musical. So angry at myself. Some days you just need a do over.

Well a few changes... Replaced the Audience AU24SE speaker cable with Luminous Synchestra Signatures. Little more full bodied in my system. Also took the leap to replace the Thiels, after many years of enjoyment, with something very different. New Spendor D9s arrived two days ago and are slowly breaking in. Really liking what I’m hearing. The Spendor midrange is amazing. Very balanced with excellent upper extension and bass down below 27hz that is present but tuneful. More updates to come once final position is ascertained and a little more time and music is applied to the drivers.
Also while waiting on the Spendors to arrive I had a factory update performed on the motor for the Origin Live turntable installing their new “Light Speed Controller (LSC)”. Benefit as stated by OL: “With the Origin Live LSC the speed is incredibly accurate with a measurable drift of below 0.003% (around 100 times more accurate than most decks).”
View media item 15730View media item 15863

Last edited:
Sorting through many boxes from my past that have come in to my possession I found something special. My father’s father was a partner in an electrical appliance store in the 50’s that sold RCA record players. I have a record cleaner/duster from his store. The brush surface on the cleaning side is pretty decrepit but I decided it needs its own special place in my audio room. (Hockey puck display case was perfect size )

52A38DEA-0BAA-4FA3-A137-1B076C56C243.jpeg

CE946AFD-0824-4EA3-9E7F-0AA06B117EB1.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom