What TT's do you folks have

My first turntable is on the way now.

Pro-Ject RPM 1 Carbon w Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge.
Marantz 2325 Receiver
Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 speakers w/ Nordost Blue Heaven cables.

Hoping it sounds pretty good.

Just replaced the Sumiko Pearl with the 2M blue. Definite sound improvement. I think I *might* have more static now though. Maybe I need to have the shop down the street align it a bit better.

I think I have this all setup correctly. At least it does sound phenomenal.

*edit* Put 5 hours on the blue now. static cleared up. Eric Clapton Unplugged sounds incredible, getting better and better.

(ignore wiring mess, gonna clean it all up after everything is installed)

BQwi7sf.jpg

OJ5O5Ae.jpg

o5ALmji.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice setup!

Get yourself a center weight next, it's one of the easiest and cheapest improvements - good to get early. For another easy and cheap improvement, I also recommend keeping an eye out for a bulk tape eraser, like this one, at thrift stores and classified ads. I found one a couple of weeks ago for $15 and it's been tremendous. You demagnetize your records by waving it around over the LP for 20-30 seconds (away from your turntable or any other equipment), and it really adds life to the music. A plate demagnetizer also works really well and is a little more convenient, but is bulkier and more expensive. If you're going to be sticking with vinyl for a while, a center weight and a demag are going to become your every day tools, so it's good to get them early. A vacuum cleaning machine should be your top priority as far as more expensive purchases though.

Just replaced the Sumiko Pearl with the 2M blue. Definite sound improvement. I think I *might* have more static now though. Maybe I need to have the shop down the street align it a bit better.

I think I have this all setup correctly. At least it does sound phenomenal.

*edit* Put 5 hours on the blue now. static cleared up. Eric Clapton Unplugged sounds incredible, getting better and better.

(ignore wiring mess, gonna clean it all up after everything is installed)

BQwi7sf.jpg

OJ5O5Ae.jpg

o5ALmji.jpg

nice sonus faber. have you posted a review about them yet? i am very interested.

Very nice setup!

Get yourself a center weight next, it's one of the easiest and cheapest improvements - good to get early. For another easy and cheap improvement, I also recommend keeping an eye out for a bulk tape eraser, like this one, at thrift stores and classified ads. I found one a couple of weeks ago for $15 and it's been tremendous. You demagnetize your records by waving it around over the LP for 20-30 seconds (away from your turntable or any other equipment), and it really adds life to the music. A plate demagnetizer also works really well and is a little more convenient, but is bulkier and more expensive. If you're going to be sticking with vinyl for a while, a center weight and a demag are going to become your every day tools, so it's good to get them early. A vacuum cleaning machine should be your top priority as far as more expensive purchases though.
Hummm, ..., how does LP vinyl get magnetized? Dirt with iron in the grooves perhaps?

Two Dual CS 5000's. One is black and in excellent condition.

The other is rosewood color and is new and unused.

Finally a Linn Sondek LP12, I've been waiting for one a long time at the right price.
One I could upgrade along the way and I did, here and there not crazy just the basic's
new springs, grommets and subchassis, nice sound for sure.

Tube

Here is my collection of near mint turntables. Looking for a couple of other vintage tables to add to this lot.

Sansui SR 838 x 2
Sansui SR 636
Sony PS 8750
Technics SL1200 MKll Black
Akai AP 306

Last edited:
My list..

Turntable list:

PL-550
Thorens TD-166Mkii
Fisher MT-6420
AR-XA (2)
Luxman PX-100
PL-112D
JVC QL-5
SL-1300MK2
Philips 406 (2)
Dual 1219 (2)
SL-QD33 (2)
Garrard Model 30
PL-10
PL-4
Sansui P-L50 (2)
SLN-15 (2)
Sony PS-4300
Sony PS-5550
Akai AP-Q-50

Plus a few more..Model numbers Unknown at this time..:scratch2:

John:music::D

My go-to TT is a
Denon DP 1200
Also setup I have a Dual 1015 were I still need to fix a hummm problem
Thorens TD 160 super (SME arm) under renovation
Sony PS 4750 as backup

and some more that come and go

I have an old Technics SL DD 22 which aside from a little flutter (needs to see the Dr) is still sounding great, but I recently just got a Very nice condition Thorens TD 160 (MK1) TP 16 tonearm, that came with a very nice condition Ortofon M15 Super Cart/stylus,

The prices have really jumped on these older Thorens though.
My first TD 160 was given to me in a trade with my unlce in Holland for a crappy boom box i had, He found a mint condition TD 160 in the trash one night, It just needed a new band! haha, i loved that TT, the look, the sound, Then i moved and my cousin lost my Thorens and my Sony 2 track Reel to Reel :(

I have so many,can't remember all of 'em.

But my top 5 favs (in order) would be-

1-Trio/Kenwood L-07D
2-Micro Seiki DDX-1000
3-Pioneer PL-630
4-Linn Sondek LP12
5-Trio/Kenwood KD-500

Mint Pioneer PL-630 DD with original Pioneer magnesium headshell fitted with a Shure V15 Type lll cart and Shure VN35HE stylus.

004_zpstp3cwyrp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom