What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Gerry Mulligan - The Age of Steam
A&M 4-Track 7.5 ips stereo reel tape

A46DB39B-DB79-401A-A872-971F83C00BA9_zpsurykqbqk.jpg

Just finished listening to a 10.5 reel home recording with mostly mainstream 70's pop/rock/disco with a few album sides thrown in, a few interesting cuts included I am not sure who the artists are (i didnt record the tape).

A lot of program as it was recorded at 3.75ips. Get up and Boogie! ;)

I am playing a Bonneville Broadcast Consultants easy listening vocal automation tape at 7 1/2 IPS on half track Stereo. I used to babysit this very format on WUUU FM 94.3 FM and maintained our Harris Stereo 90 tape based automation system as well as assistant engineer/operator. Rau Radio Stations, our then owner was a division of Bonneville Broadcasting Corporation. I got to take time off from school (paid at that) and was flown to Quincy, Illinois to Harris Corporation to see our new Stereo 90 built and to be trained on it's operations and maintenance. Not bad for a teenager.

Three hour 1/2 tr 3-3/4ips from special 'Shake The Shack' (old KCMU now KEXP show-Seattle). "Somehow" I ended up w/the master made for a British show on their ?? CMR ?? network/system. ROCKABILLY at its best!! :D:music::D

Tony Bennett - a time for love

Columbia. 1966. Stereo. 7.5ips. Sounds great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 15
I am playing a Bonneville Broadcast Consultants easy listening vocal automation tape at 7 1/2 IPS on half track Stereo. I used to babysit this very format on WUUU FM 94.3 FM and maintained our Harris Stereo 90 tape based automation system as well as assistant engineer/operator. Rau Radio Stations, our then owner was a division of Bonneville Broadcasting Corporation. I got to take time off from school (paid at that) and was flown to Quincy, Illinois to Harris Corporation to see our new Stereo 90 built and to be trained on it's operations and maintenance. Not bad for a teenager.

Nice!!! Those 7.5 ips 2-track broadcast tapes are usually terrific sounding! :thmbsp:

my recording from last night..Bummer I did not have enough tape to make it 15 ips..Teac X2000M

417KFG3E3KL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom