pioneer sx-1010 help!

lawnerd

Got a new to me pioneer sx-1010. Everything checks out fine except. Phono 1 is dead (or nearly dead). In Phono 2 it will work on both channels for 30 seconds then the right channel goes out.

What are some of the possible causes? Could it be a bad cap in the phono pre-amp board ( I think Pioneer calls it a equalizer amplifier)?

Any help would be appreciated:thmbsp:

Have you cleaned all the pots and push button contacts ? They all eventually get dirty and start dropping in and out.

Phono 1 and phono 2 use the SAME amplifier circuit. The cartridge inputs are switched and sent to exactly the same place,

Thus the phono switches (near the back of each) desperately need cleaning.

You MUST also do the "MIC" switch (near the back as well), because the phono preamp signals go through it too
(trust me, it's technical, phono/mic equalization in feedback loop is switched by MIC switch).

Yep. Deoxit does wonders. Cleaned all the switches including the A, B, and C bank speakers. Houston we have stereo. Thanks!

You can reach from the top of the set with a long straw, there's a hole on top towards the back of the switch. Seems you found out about that already!

I like to hit them up when restoring the tone control boards, better access. Even after the full cleaning I had to do a second app and found the short cut.

Back
Top Bottom