What's Pioneer in your rig?

A little off topic, but this is a great poster series the Replacements used for their Riot Fest performances last year featuring a Pioneer SX-828.

23wa161.jpg

x584ue.jpg

1411ij6.jpg

Last edited:
Pioneer Tubes

I'm into Pioneer Tubes now

Pioneer SX-304A (Japanese version of SX-34A)

4JAp81.jpg

4qz5YF.jpg

Pioneer SM-G204

vCYOmp.jpg

TVP5DZ.jpg

and matching speakers Pioneer CS-51 (Japanese LS3/5A)

1Wxm12.jpg

fThqgW.jpg

pioneer sx 1080 receiver. pioneer rg-1 dynamic expander. pioneer sg 9500 equalizer. and a pioneer dv 50a sacd player

found the sx 1080 at a garage sale for 20 dollars spent 130.00 to get it cleaned and 2 transistors replaced. the rest i sourced through ebay. i love the way the old silver series pioneer stuff looks and sounds.

Last edited:
holy cr*p skylab that is outstanding. im not sure i have ever seen anything that beats that

Last edited:
PL-630 up and running

hi guys,

Just finished the PL-630 I bought a year ago with severe speed problems and non working automatic. Following the Pustelniakr thread I succeeded in cleaning, lubing, recapping etc. and the unit sings again.
The PL-630 was the last item I needed for my rack, it's complete now!

regards Peter

Attachments

• rek1.jpg
    rek1.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 255
  • rek2.jpg
    rek2.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 87
hi guys,

Just finished the PL-630 I bought a year ago with severe speed problems and non working automatic. Following the Pustelniakr thread I succeeded in cleaning, lubing, recapping etc. and the unit sings again.

regards Peter

attachment.php

That is just AWESOME!!!! Congrats.

holy cr*p skylab that is outstanding. im not sure i have ever seen anything that beats that

Thanks!!! I'm pretty proud of it :) and it's not for show only...I listen to it every single day! Sounds delightful.

Pioneer for the right price

I picked up a Pioneer SX-650 receiver for $5 thanks to my brother, works great so I installed it in my garage so I could listen to great music while working on my cars.

Rob - Interesting looking polished stand you have for your gear - goes well with the Pioneer Silver Faces. Do you know the manufacture of them? Love those stands - great solid support for those HPM_100's!
Joe

Rob - Interesting looking polished stand you have for your gear - goes well with the Pioneer Silver Faces. Do you know the manufacture of them? Love those stands - great solid support for those HPM_100's!
Joe

Hi, Rob's stand is from Ikea. Dunno if they still making it though.

hi guys,

regards Peter

Love your setup. :guitar: :jawdrop:
You have PM from me

pioneer in my dj rig is a couples of monitors: s-dj08, pure for a bit scratching, but one felt
to the front, since my standard are on the highest stand , but the speakers weights 15 kgs and has to be able to take 55 kgs.... The speaker front , made from abs costs over 300 euro, while the speaker was 300euro new :). When it wentlut of production , they gave me a front forfree.
But the buildquality from pioneer overall is too low. The pioneer speakers costed me also an etra 100 euro for decent muse caps and normal cables inside.
When it comes to high-fi , , pioneer ain't my brand, besides that they don't high quality gear overall.
Also not for studie use etc. and their technics clone is also a failure).
Greets richard

Newly aquired Pioneer N50-K. Loving the unit and sound. Pioneer control app is pants. Thankfully I found BubbleUPNP on the android App store. Easily sends my Hi-Res FLAC (mixture of CD quality rips and Studio quality downloads) from my QNAP Nas to the Pioneer. Got a great deal as it's now end of line (New unit is the N50A).

:music: :thmbsp: :banana:

Nice! I have had an N-50 for a couple years now and I also love it. Really great player, and the sound from its DAC is outstanding. I use mine either from a USB flash drive, from my "music server" which is really a MacMini, or via AirPlay - all work very well! It's been a great addition to my otherwise vintage Pioneer rig.

Nice! I have had an N-50 for a couple years now and I also love it. Really great player, and the sound from its DAC is outstanding. I use mine either from a USB flash drive, from my "music server" which is really a MacMini, or via AirPlay - all work very well! It's been a great addition to my otherwise vintage Pioneer rig.

Yep it is good but it's the only Pioneer item I have. The rest of the system comprises of an Arcam AVR450 HT Amp. B&W Speakers and SUB. Rega Planar 3 TT (heavily modded). Marrantz CD that I don't really use now. B&W P7 Headphones and a Graham Slee Novo Headphone amp. All seems to work quite well together. :thmbsp: :music:

Attachments

• IMG_20141031_140420.jpg
    IMG_20141031_140420.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom