Springtime Hudson Valley NY/NJ get together - Saturday April 12, 2014

Had a great day! Thanks for hosting Mike. I think we should a sacrificial turntable at every event (The Gods will be Pleased).

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
If I may be so bold. Maybe we should stagger the listening. It was tough to hear just what everything might've sounded like, with 5 systems going at once. (I should've said something yesterday (it was my 1st AK event so what do I know).
Sorry I didn't see Phil Beat me to it.

LOL that picture is priceless!

The fire house rents to a group of mild mannered stereo nuts and they burn the place down.

+1 on the system staggering. Maybe next go around we can have sort of "show off" sessions of each setup systems. Then guys can really go around and appreciate each system while the person presenting can play tunes. I'm always open to suggestions.

Last edited:
I'd be the balding guy in the tie dye in one of those pics. Sorry for not mingling a bit more, but my knee was bothering me and I had forgotten to drug myself before leaving home.

It was a fun time but unfortunately I arrived later in the day and missed the ritual burning of the fire house event. Of all the places we have to torch!

I will be sure to get there earlier next time.

Thanks Mike for organizing and thank you Central Valley Fire Company!

Had a great day! Thanks for hosting Mike. I think we should a sacrificial turntable at every event (The Gods will be Pleased).
Did not realize a TT contained so much magic smoke. :cool: They are generally such simple machines. ;)

attachment.php

Thanks Mike and everyone else.
I had a great time meeting everyone and seeing everyones gear. It was a blast.

Thank you Mike for organizing it, thank you Central Valley Fire Company and thank you everyone else for making it a great event.

The pyrotechnic display was quite interesting...

A Special Day!!

Thanks so much for hosting Mike ! And thanks to my AK brothers for the help with the equipment and all the colleagiality. It was great to check out everyone's gear, fireworks and all! A totally special day :)=

Just for the archives

Those LP cupcakes came from our camp! Those who did the baking know they are loved and appreciated ....

I was reading about this event in another thread, and it got me to wondering...

17 months since this "happening", where does the time go? It would be great to do this again.

Another would be fun before the onset of Winter cabin fever.

Sorry I missed this get-together right in my backyard. Looking forward to meeting some AK's. Lets get a date out there Mike and keep me posted! My basement is filling up fast with unused gear...

Oh it has been way too long. I'm game to organize another get together. Only caveat is we need a new venue, long story and nothing go do with us trying to burn the place down, lol.

My store is located in Florida, NY and I'm sure I can find us a place in the area. Any volunteers to help out?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom