Kutztown (PA) Radio Show XXX May 9-10

I'll be there, maybe both days. I've got vacation time that I must use, and I'm a big fan of the Saturday auction. This time I swear I'm going to get a knob for that Scott before they sell out too! I think I've tried the last several times, but I show up late after the only one already left the building.

I'll be there Friday for sure, don't know about Saturday yet.

Gadget: What style are you looking for? I've got a couple of spares.

Gadget: Bring a sample of that knob with you. If I can't locate one, I can direct you to another vendor who might.

Thanks for the reminder! I will do my best to make it again this year. I have always been amazed at what I see there and have found some great deals too.

So where's the AK after-party? :beerchug:

We get silly on-site after dinner on Friday night. Potato cannon, fireworks, adult beverages, and the now legendary radio bonfire. Must be seen to be believed.:thmbsp:

Ya know, I've been there 3 or 4 times and only managed to link up with one AKer. We need a way to identify ourselves. Any ideas?

I'll be there on Friday and may make the drive back up on Saturday just cause I can...

If anyone from the Baltimore area wants to carpool, hit me up.

KC

I'll be there Friday for sure, don't know about Saturday yet.

Gadget: What style are you looking for? I've got a couple of spares.

hard to describe, but its a black bakelite shouldered thing, used on various comm receivers from the 40s. This particular one lives on an EH Scott SLR-12B.

I plan to be wearing my tie dye. I didn't see a lot of that last fall, so perhaps it will stand out. Look for the fat guy with the receding hairline and the gingy goatee that looks like a walking wall hanging out of a head shop, and thats probably me.

hard to describe, but its a black bakelite shouldered thing, used on various comm receivers from the 40s. This particular one lives on an EH Scott SLR-12B.

I plan to be wearing my tie dye. I didn't see a lot of that last fall, so perhaps it will stand out. Look for the fat guy with the receding hairline and the gingy goatee that looks like a walking wall hanging out of a head shop, and thats probably me.

Ok, can't help you on the knob - mine are HH Scott.

I'll look out for you. I'll most likely be wearing a Panama hat. Can't really see wearing a badge somehow. Maybe we should wear electrical tape on our pinky fingers. :lmao:

Been known to wear tie dye m'self. But, if I'm not, I'm in booths 331-333. Look for my banner, same as my avatar.

Regarding the knobs for your EH Scott: That's a style that came in a variety of sizes.. also found on a lot of RCA broadcast and communications gear. An "in demand" type, but not impossible to find. I may have a few. Bring a sample along and I'll see if I can hook you up. If I haven't got it, my friends Julie & Marty might.

I'll be there Friday, for sure, and may go back Saturday,, just because!!! I'll drive up with my buddy, who will be bringing lots of old, Philco, (and other) radios and consoles, he's got a table this time... Hope he sells the truckload,, I'll need the room for stuff I get, going home!!!!!!!
I met one AKer last fall,,, hope to meet more this spring,,,,
I may wear a sign on my hat, beggin for a Moto OPT!!!!!!!!

Regards,
John

Just a heads-up and a reminder -- Kutztown is THIS coming weekend!

It's always GREAT event!

I am still planning to be there on Saturday. :D

I will try to remember to make a name badge with my avatar on it.

I always do.
So if you're hopelessly dense and don't get it, look for an old fart in a wheelchair.

Ok, got it: Look for a dense old fart in a wheelchair. :D

I'll be there Friday wearing a Panama hat (might be hangin' out with a dense old fart in a wheelchair). Gotta get my spring junk fix.

What kind of Admission fee is there for this event - sounds very interesting!

Back
Top Bottom