Rega Brio-R

So the elex r at twice the price will prolly not be twice as good?

Looking at some of the parts being used I would say that in some ways it may be better but others it won't be as good. The Brio-R is overbuilt where the Elex-R using some of the same parts in the power supply yet yielding considerably more power appears underbuilt. I could be wrong and in fact it wouldn't be the first time....today :D. The phono stage is the same for Brio-R, Elex-R and Elicit-R. The Brio-R is the deal of the century to me. The Elex-R has much stiffer competition at it's price point.

Thanks for the replies.
I was thinking of buying used. Anything to be aware of of when buying used rega gear?
What is a fair price for the brio r and dac used?

My Brio-R should be delivered tomorrow, along with a pair of Epos Epic 2s. I won't have much time for anything after tomorrow night though until Sunday, and I don't have room to move my Polk SDA-2s anywhere else for awhile. I'm guessing there is no harm in letting the Brio 'break in' thru the Polks for now (source will be a MH 2.2 special edition tt)???

My Brio-R should be delivered tomorrow, along with a pair of Epos Epic 2s. I won't have much time for anything after tomorrow night though until Sunday, and I don't have room to move my Polk SDA-2s anywhere else for awhile. I'm guessing there is no harm in letting the Brio 'break in' thru the Polks for now (source will be a MH 2.2 special edition tt)???

Congrats on the new setup. If you get a chance you might really want to move those Polks (make room if you can). You will be rewarded if you do.

Thanks guys. I got it all hooked up yesterday and only had the Brio-R on for a few hours, spun a couple of records. Once I clean up the area a little more I'll post a pic. Sounds nice so far and I don't notice much in the way of loss of bass moving to the Epos. They are also 4 ohm speakers like the Polks and I read where the Brio could run a bit warm with that load.

Some of you have stated your Brio is left on always...with that little bit of heat it gives off (I'm guessing with 8 ohm speakers it would be less?), would you be leaving it on all the time still? Just curious on other's thoughts and hints.

I can't wait to play Kind of Blue Sunday morning after my super busy Th-Sat.

edit - the Polks have been moved off for now so I can experiment with the Epic's position properly. I'll store the Polks off to the side for now until we get our bigger place in the fall.

I'm thinking of picking up the Brio-R tomorrow, but am wondering if I can run my KLH 20's with it (which I will also be upgrading, once the finances permit) since they are 4 ohm's, and I'm seeing things about it running hot as well.

Any input on the 4 ohm situation?

I did listen to the brio at a store today that was poring a pair of Dynaudio Excite X12's, which sounded amazing.

I'm thinking of picking up the Brio-R tomorrow, but am wondering if I can run my KLH 20's with it (which I will also be upgrading, once the finances permit) since they are 4 ohm's, and I'm seeing things about it running hot as well.

Any input on the 4 ohm situation?

I did listen to the brio at a store today that was poring a pair of Dynaudio Excite X12's, which sounded amazing.

The X12's are 4 ohm. You should be just fine.

Thanks guys. I got it all hooked up yesterday and only had the Brio-R on for a few hours, spun a couple of records. Once I clean up the area a little more I'll post a pic. Sounds nice so far and I don't notice much in the way of loss of bass moving to the Epos. They are also 4 ohm speakers like the Polks and I read where the Brio could run a bit warm with that load.

Some of you have stated your Brio is left on always...with that little bit of heat it gives off (I'm guessing with 8 ohm speakers it would be less?), would you be leaving it on all the time still? Just curious on other's thoughts and hints.

I can't wait to play Kind of Blue Sunday morning after my super busy Th-Sat.

edit - the Polks have been moved off for now so I can experiment with the Epic's position properly. I'll store the Polks off to the side for now until we get our bigger place in the fall.

I left mine on 24/7 when I was running Dyn X12's (4 ohm). It's just fine.

Great! I think you'll like the Epic 2s. I'm not familiar with (have not spent time listening to) the Brio-R, but I think the consensus is that they are a good combo.

Enjoy! :music:

Picked up a Brio-r today, and am already in love. After years of only using vintage equipment, I had no idea what I was missing. It also makes my KLH 20's sound better than I feel like they should. Can't wait until this puppy breaks in!

Picked up a Brio-r today, and am already in love. After years of only using vintage equipment, I had no idea what I was missing. It also makes my KLH 20's sound better than I feel like they should. Can't wait until this puppy breaks in!

Fabulous and congratulations!

Are you using the RP6 directly in to the Brio-R phono? Pretty magical!

Yep, I spin Simon and Garfunkel doing America and Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington "Azalea" and was floored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally getting some good listening time in, the Brio R has been on for over a week and no heat issues. I trust Art's advice and experiences! The speakers sound great but I'm sure need more time to properly break in. What a great combo on my modest budget...can't wait to add a RP-6 to complete it later this fall!

Finally getting some good listening time in, the Brio R has been on for over a week and no heat issues. I trust Art's advice and experiences! The speakers sound great but I'm sure need more time to properly break in. What a great combo on my modest budget...can't wait to add a RP-6 to complete it later this fall!

:thmbsp:

Meant to say congrats on your purchase as well...sounds like you're enjoying a great combo!

Thanks! I'm loving it. I finished off the combo with a pair of Dynaudio Excite X12's yesterday. Very sweet combo!
yte3aty6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom