Yamaha B-5 bridging/comments

muddasir

Hi,
I have a pair of B-5 amplifiers rated 200 Ohm into 8 and 16 Ohm only.

I have earlier used a pair of B-4 in both class A and Class AB as bridged monoblocks by providing balanced signals from my KREEL-KRC HR pre amplifier (XLR- 2 RC +/- with ground) with excellent results on my klipsch but found ba-5 ss quite thin )

Now i want to use B-5 amplifiers as monoblocks to power the bass section of my B&W 802 , i expect something like 400W per monoblock due to briding .......However the B-5 has not rated its 4 ohm power .....any idea would it work or would i overheat it ??? the B&W really dips below 4 ohm in bass below 40 Hz so i also intent to add a 40 Hz cutoff filter as well.
Any suggestion?

Hi,
I have a pair of B-5 amplifiers rated 200 Ohm into 8 and 16 Ohm only.

I have earlier used a pair of B-4 in both class A and Class AB as bridged monoblocks by providing balanced signals from my KREEL-KRC HR pre amplifier (XLR- 2 RC +/- with ground) with excellent results on my klipsch but found ba-5 ss quite thin )

Now i want to use B-5 amplifiers as monoblocks to power the bass section of my B&W 802 , i expect something like 400W per monoblock due to briding .......However the B-5 has not rated its 4 ohm power .....any idea would it work or would i overheat it ??? the B&W really dips below 4 ohm in bass below 40 Hz so i also intent to add a 40 Hz cutoff filter as well.
Any suggestion?

Not rated for 4 Ohm load then I wouldn't try it. My M2 went smokey after 10 minutes on speakers that were 4 Ohm load. YMMV tho.. experts will be here shortly.. can you post a pic of your amps, upskirts most welcome?

Cheers,
Bob

Back
Top Bottom