Akai AP-307

baje55

Hi gang, I haven't posted for a while but since I just bought this turntable I must.

I just paid $100CAN for an AKAI AP-307 turntable with an Empire 500ID cartridge from an estate sale. This turntable is in pristine condition and the stylus looks like it hasn't been used. Now for the good part. I have had many turntables in my time, some vintage, some new, but let me tell you this...the AKAI AP-307 and Empire 500ID combination is rock solid musically and sweet to boot.
Unbelieable is the word. I was playing a record "Duet" by Archie Shepp and Dollard Brand and if any of you know this album you must know how sweet it is. I heard more stuff in this album with this tt/cartridge combination than I heard with my previous turntables. I have a Grado, Nagoaka, Stanton 681EEE, in my possession and have had others like ADC, Audio Technica, Ortofon the whole gambit. It has to be the cartridge but the turntable is no slouch.
Thought I'd share this with you after all the goosebumps I got listening.

Attachments

• IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 114
Congratulations!!!

Always exciting to find something like this at a sale and for a price that you are happy with.

Enjoy the "new" table!!

3kitty

I have an Akai AP-306 (one step below yours and just lacking the quartz speed control), and it is indeed a very nice turntable, I just don't have an Empire cartridge on mine. The Akai turntables seem to fly a bit under the radar, and nice examples can be had for a reasonable amount of money. Congratulations on your new toy! Enjoy!

This generation of Akai tables are a favorite of mine, like the Realistic LAB-400. Well engineered, great build quality and reliability and pretty simple to work on. Not to mention flawless operation.

what do you recommend, AKAI ap 307 or ap 206?

does audio techinca at 95e cartrige fits these two?

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom