Thorens TD145MK
Thorens TD160
Garrard AT6
Marantz 6100
Marantz 6200
Marantz 6300
Technics SL-D2
Technics 1301

I have a few others but they are just sitting on shelves. My Favs are the Thorens Obviously followed very closely by the AT6. I have had my SL-D2 for more years than I care to admit and it has served me very well. I had to retire it to the shelf when one of the kids got to it with a marker. Lets just say I was not a happy camper at all !!!! some day I hope to have a Mitchel Gyro Deck. and maybe even an Oracle. For now I am very content with my small collection.

Dave

I've got a Systemdek IIX.

Currently has a Grado Platinum cart. and the standard arm (see other thread for help with that!)

Whatta nice collection, Grump!
I have (on the premises) the Denon DP-47F, an original one, I think from 86? mebbe 87 (they list for about twice what it was, then); the venerable Technics SL-23, a belt-drive manual table; and, in the OBM, a Fisher MT-6330, a semi-automatic, graced with a Shure V15 Type 3, mebbe 2, it has the "stabilizer" that looks like a brush. That TT has been boxed up, with a newer cartridge, since I got the Denon.
On the way are the Technics SL-1300 and the Optonica RP-4705.
I'm really glad you posted your list, G, 'cause I was beginning to think I was well off the shelf.

pete

I presently run a AR77XB

Also have a Pioneer PL-7 that I'm giving away in the For Sale section

Some very nice vinyl spinners here!

My list:

Yamaha YP50 with Rega RB300 arm
Thorens TD160S/AT1100 arm
Sansui SR222 MkII
Luxman PD272

Quite a motley collection but luv them all.:)

Pete, I had a V15 Type IV and I thought that was the first one out with the little stabilizer brush.

Grumps, the Oracle would have to be my favourite TT outside of all the mad nose bleed - as Rich puts it - stuff.

Jack

Presently running a Marantz 6300 and a Sansui SR-838. I've probably have picked up a dozen TTs at thrift stores over the last 4 years, anything looking decent as I find I can sell them to friends at work (cost + $10 for cleanup/checkout) as there are many guys at work that still have records but no way to play them anymore. Many intend of burning them to CDRs.

Anyway vintage TTs are way cool :p:

V15 Type IV, that's the one!! When I saw that just now, bingo. I know i had replace the cartridge on the Fisher, then "not long" after that I got the Denon. Now, even then, 'not long' may have been a year or two, which it may have been, 'cause I'm thinking I got the Denon kinda like it was a replacement cartridge :cool:

But, jeepers, the cost of a replacement styli for the V15, whew!
I'm still thinkin' in like 1984 $$

I've got a Technics SL-110A. direct drive. It comes without a tonearm and I put on a long fancy Sony arm which I do not know the model number. I would guess you measure arm length from the pivot to the stylus (11") , or the total length (15") ? I run a Stanton 681EEE cartridge with the little dust brush.

Before this I ran the same great cartridge on the classic Empire belt driven turntable. I sold the Empire years ago.

Rob

I don't have a list like you guys. Just an old Audiotronics(?) schoolhouse player.(used for 78s until recently) I had two-made a DIY RCM out of one.
RCA Victor 45 changer. It's a neat little tabletop not much bigger than a stack of 45s. Dark maroon bakelite. (1950s?)
The Yamaha P-520 is promised to a friend.
Technics SL1200 Three Speed -fluid damper-w/ V15VxMR - N78s for 78 playback
Brad

...just one: a Dual 1209. Got it back when I was in college, 21 years ago (geez, time flies!). I play 78's as well as vinyl and I wanted a high-quality idler wheel design rather than a belt drive or direct drive table. It's been a workhorse. All I do for maintenance is lube the turntable bearings and clean the idler wheel with alcohol every few years.

Doug E.

i have a marantz 6300. The auto off feature doesn't work. I guess that's common for these from the ebay auctions I've seen. Many don't work either.

Nice looking table but has zilch for features.

Dave sells to Dave! :)

Well done guys - always great to hear about members doing deals. WW, i'm sure you don't need any directions to the analog dept.com!:D

Jack

I've got a really nice Pioneer TT (can't remember the model offhand), and a Garrard AT60, which was a higher-end (but not TOTL) turntable dating to 1962. The thing I like about the Garrard is that it's real wood and real metal, unlike many of the plastic-fantastic things we see at our local thrifts.

Great sound and look, and the best part was that I paid 9.99! The $30 cartridge added a bit to the price, but it was still well worth the price of admission.

Yea Jack well, Dave saw me drolling over his recent Thorens score.
You know that I have been wheelin and dealin here and there trying to get a Thorens. Well never could find the right price and for that matter, source. Knowing Dave why this Thorens works correctly and has all parts. Also it has a nice Shure cartridge on it and Dave assures me that it is quality. I am excited! Can't wait to start applying the many easy tweeks to this table that are available on line. This puppy is gonna sing. Finally I now have a table that requires the purchase of a test record. Gawd the sound of vinyl is special and this gets me closer to doing it right!!!

Yup, mighty fine of Dave, thanks!! :)

An old Akai Quartz AP-Q50 ... from my wife's mother's estate along with about 300 LP's :p:

It's wearing a Grado Black cartridge now ...

About a year ago, I came across a mint condition Harman Kardon T60 at an Estate Sale, for $25.........well, this got me really back into the vinyl idea, which has been enjoyable for many reasons...I also found anew Grado Gold cartridge for it on the Web for $90.

Not to bore anyone, but this TT made me look hard at my meager system, and I decided that now is a very good time to get a killer older Cassette Deck, since the plastic one I had was going south anyways. Patience was rewarded when I came across(at a musician's estate sale), a mint Sansui SC-5110, for $10, which had all the bells and whistles, and of course, the real VU meters which were a must have in searching for a new/old deck.

Spurred by the sonic rewards on the cheap, that TT acquisition has recently led me to acquire a Harman Kardon 730 receiver, for $37....the dial lights are out(at present), but the unit sounds superb, and does the vinyl playback pretty good...

So for me, it's not what TT do I have, but what it's done!.....:cool:

I'm using a cherry, recently scored B&O 3404. It has an excellent, proprietary cartridge and the lightest, most delicate looking tonearm I've ever seen on a TT. This thing sounds and tracks better than any Japanese TT I've ever owned.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I only have one.

Linn LP12 with a RATA kit
Rega RB900
Grado Reference-The Reference

sitting on a home made wall shelf with a GR isolation
plate.

phono pre is a Gold Aero db45 signature

Back
Top Bottom