A-1020 Integrated= Nice

tubed

Lunatic Member
Today I lucked into a nice Yamaha A-1020 integrated amplifier. It's rated as being a 125 WPC amp, 5 Watts designated as Class A.
It sure seems to sound as sweet as my near 40 year old CA-1000:yes:
The seller also threw in a pair of NS-1000 monitors:D
Full tilt boogie Yamaha style tonight!

:eek:"threw in" a pair of NS 1000?:eek:
What? those are hardly "afterthought speakers!"

I'd say those are the score, and the amp is a nice bonus!

And yes... :worthless:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The system was sitting unused and I had no idea if anything worked when i went to reel it in.
In fact I couldnt get the A-1020 to produce any sound even though it quickly switched out of protection and gave off .011Mv of offset.
I finally realized that the "Accessory" function on the back panel had to be patched in like a "Pre In/Out".
The two smaller 1000uf caps had a snot-load of DBSG that had to chipped away.

I've heard a pair of NS-1000s before at a fellow AKers house and they sounded spectacular. I must say they are an articulate speaker and not shy about presenting what's fed them musically:yes:

Last edited:
I have a cap list for that A-1020 if you want it - it's a pretty easy one to do.

Nice score... :thmbsp:

Attachments

• A-1020 Capacitor list.pdf
    185.2 KB · Views: 123
I have a cap list for that A-1020 if you want it - it's a pretty easy one to do.

Nice score... :thmbsp:

Thanks for the list.
Yes , it was an unexpected and very fortunate score. I never thought I'd be able to $acquire$ the NS-1000.
I'll have to A/B them with my NS-690 mkIIs:)

After comparing my new to me NS-1000s to the NS-690MKIIs I find each to be fine sounding speaker systems and probably a toss-up as to which speaker one might choose, all depending on ones taste in the degree of presence of the mids and highs:)

Last edited:
After comparing my new to me NS-1000s to the NS-690MKIIs I find each to be fine sounding speaker systems and probably a toss-up as to which speaker one might choose, all depending on ones taste in the degree of presence of the mids and highs:)

Great. Makes me feel better about the NS-690II set I have $1200 invested in. :)

Where'd you get the stands??

The system was sitting unused and I had no idea if anything worked when i went to reel it in.
In fact I couldnt get the A-1020 to produce any sound even though it quickly switched out of protection and gave off .011Mv of offset.
I finally realized that the "Accessory" function on the back panel had to be patched in like a "Pre In/Out".
The two smaller 1000uf caps had a snot-load of DBSG that had to chipped away.

I've heard a pair of NS-1000s before at a fellow AKers house and they sounded spectacular. I must say they are an articulate speaker and not shy about presenting what's fed them musically:yes:

Nice integrated.

BTW, not to nitpick, but unless you're trying to keep it out of the search engines, it's "DSBG". :D

Duly noted.
What ever acronym, that dirty snot and buggers glue is all over the place search engines or snot:)

Great. Makes me feel better about the NS-690II set I have $1200 invested in. :)

Where'd you get the stands??

The stands are the kind they'd give away with the purchase of speakers in the late 70's and early 80's, rare as hens teeth and quite invaluable:yes:

I just got the switches cleaned in my A-1020. Scored one about 3 years ago for $60. Love it! Cranks my Polk Monitor 10As to obnoxious levels with ease!

Nice indeed.
I just want to ask you about the variable LOUDNESS.
Is that working to boost bass and high or is it working more like
a "variable muting"

Back
Top Bottom