Yamaha b-2 lux original or No?

Efgen

Hello for all Yamaha audio lovers!
I want to buy amplifier Yamaha B-2
3d436ed412467c2f67cb11da0a055a07.jpg

139d52582a7ba42c340e08148b088a5e.jpg

The seller said, that wooden laths are distinguisher of lux model, but I had never seen B-2 with them. This amplifier had been imported from Japan.
Is there this option in it or have former owner did it?

Hello for all Yamaha audio lovers!
I want to buy amplifier Yamaha B-2

The seller said, that wooden laths are distinguisher of lux model, but I had never seen B-2 with them. This amplifier had been imported from Japan.
Is there this option in it or have former owner did it?

Wow - Very nice! :thmbsp:

I've never heard of a lux model ...

Arrrrgh, a B-2 with wooden panels. HORROR. :twak:
Whoever did that should go to prison.
Biggest vintage insult ever.
It's ''deported'' from Japan.
ninja07a.gif

Yes, do buy it, and set it free ! Use the wood for winter times.

Last edited:
WOW! Those side panels looks great! I can see them on a C-2A and T-2 as well... :scratch2:

...Whoever did that should go to prison.

And here I was thinking maybe I shoulda built nice sides for all my MX-1000s and CX-1000s rather than build a fence out of all that bubinga a friend in LA gave me. (Found myself wondering last night if it'd clean up well enough to repurpose.) Won't happen. Not that I want to avoid an orange jump suit, but rather that I'm too lazy.

Of course everybody is free to do (or like) whatever with any kind of audio gear; there are just too few B-2 around for such a piece of audio heritage that I prefer to see them as their creator meant it.

I love black Sony ES series with wooden sides, but Yamaha deliberately designed the B-series as all-square black metallic technology as a firm modernity design statement. Putting wooden sides on it is a (virtual) insult to the intended design statement, not understanding/recognising what this design and technology is all about. But, whatever one likes, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom