Is the AR XA the Fender Telecaster of TT’s?

PureQuill

AK Member
Some designs are classic & just a lucky/happy accident!”!:bigok:
The original Fender telecaster is a design that falls into that category.
So simple it is the perfect ...Great in its original form & the perfect canvas for modding to make it “perfect for you!"
The Tele has been heard on everything from Hank SR. to the “solo’ on Led Zeps Stairway To Heaven”.. U2.... Raidohead & beyond!:guitar:

The more I read & lean about the AR XA & B’s more I find myself longing for the simplicity of a purpose built TT that "does 1 thing & only 1 thing”.... but boy does it do it good!:music:

1day the “perfect AR” will be mine....:deal:
Patience Grasshopper Your TT is simply waiting for the day you are worthy.:ntwrthy:

Long live The AR -AX/AB ...simple is good!:rockon:
PQ

Interesting correlation... I do love my AR and I love my Tele.

My only exception is a Tele does not fit this description: ""does 1 thing & only 1 thing.” That sounds more like a Rickenbacker!

Interesting correlation... I do love my AR and I love my Tele.

My only exception is a Tele does not fit this description: ""does 1 thing & only 1 thing.” That sounds more like a Rickenbacker!

LOL yes you may be right :smoke: The right telecaster can do just about anything:guitar:

Cheers
PQ

The Tele is a guitar that needs no excuses, it plays music, and perfectly.

The AR turntable, IMHO, doesn't.

YMMV.

The Tele is a guitar that needs no excuses, it plays music, and perfectly.

The AR turntable, IMHO, doesn't.

YMMV.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

YMMV :thmbsp:

I think it's the NAD 3020 of TTs, plain, simple, cheap, ugly and works ok.

Then the AR-XA is more like the early suBARu. It's ugly and its cheap! That's what the old Subaru commercials claimed.

Telecasters are a compendium of great sounds and colors. Each part of the Tele is a work of absolutely pure genius. The sum of those parts equal something that defies logic and transcends the purposes of other electric guitars IMO. Theres about 12 things you can do with a Telecaster that you wouldn't try with a LesPaul for instance. The Telecaster has been correctly compared to a Swiss Army knife and Jack of all trades. A turntable would need to have similar comparisons to be considered the Tele's equal.

Then the AR-XA is more like the early suBARu. It's ugly and its cheap! That's what the old Subaru commercials claimed.

Telecasters are a compendium of great sounds and colors. Each part of the Tele is a work of absolutely pure genius. The sum of those parts equal something that defies logic and transcends the purposes of other electric guitars IMO. Theres about 12 things you can do with a Telecaster that you wouldn't try with a LesPaul for instance. The Telecaster has been correctly compared to a Swiss Army knife and Jack of all trades. A turntable would need to have similar comparisons to be considered the Tele's equal.

Good post.

A better comparison to the Tele would be perhaps an SL-1200... no frills, well-designed, ruggedly built, and infinitely modifiable.

The Telecaster is my favorite guitar of all time. I have a 2007 Highway One Tele in Daphne Blue. I swapped the modern neck (9.5" radius with jumbo frets) for a Made In Japan '62 reissue neck (7.25" radius, vintage small frets). I also swapped the cheap chrome barrel saddles for threaded '60s-style barrels, which gives it a nice bite and excellent sustain. I love my Tele.

Last edited:
Good post.

A better comparison to the Tele would be perhaps an SL-1200... no frills, well-designed, ruggedly built, and infinitely modifiable.

The Telecaster is my favorite guitar of all time. I have a 2007 Highway One Tele in Daphne Blue. I swapped the modern neck (9.5" radius with jumbo frets) for a Made In Japan '62 reissue neck (7.25" radius, vintage small frets). I also swapped the cheap chrome barrel saddles for threaded '60s-style barrels, which gives it a nice bite and excellent sustain. I love my Tele.

Sounds sweet! I'm Tele less at the moment and may soon dump my Yngwie Malmsteen sig Strat for another.

Ummmm, no. How about instead something from the same era. '62 Chevy ll with the 153cid 4 banger. And, that was made in the good old USofA.

However "we" had a '65 deuce "we" started with the 365bhp Vette motor, M22 tranny, summerbrothers final drive parts, some custom suspension work, nice slicks etc. And pushed it 10.70's.

ya can do pretty much the same with an XA

Ummmm, no. How about instead something from the same era. '62 Chevy ll with the 153cid 4 banger. And, that was made in the good old USofA.

However "we" had a '65 deuce "we" started with the 365bhp Vette motor, M22 tranny, summerbrothers final drive parts, some custom suspension work, nice slicks etc. And pushed it 10.70's.

ya can do pretty much the same with an XA

I hear ya, but the Subie I was referring to was first manufactured in 1958 and this commercial for that car was done here in the US in 1969. The tag line was "It's Cheap and it's Ugly!, Subaru Wow". Not that I think the AR-XA is ugly nor cheap. WOuldn't mind having one around actually!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLPp-NFInXw

Back
Top Bottom