Software or App for Record Collection Database

NJguy

Is there any kind of app or software specifically designed for one to organize their record collection? Thanks in advance.

Is there an offline version of discogs? Something where you can keep your collection database available to you when you are offline? Thanks.

Is there an offline version of discogs? Something where you can keep your collection database available to you when you are offline? Thanks.

At Discogs, export the collection to csv format then open and save in excel or your spreadsheet of choosing.

What would be cool to see and im not sure discogs does this is for it to value your collection based on the average price of each record in your collection. Can it do this?

Yes, discogs does give a value for each title, or the collection as a whole. For each title there is a a Low, Median and High price, so for your collection you'd have the same three numbers.

Yes, discogs does give a value for each title, or the collection as a whole. For each title there is a a Low, Median and High price, so for your collection you'd have the same three numbers.

Where do i find the value for collection? I dont see it.

I've used Collectorz software for movies for a long time and it's great.
I'd imagine they did a similarly great job for audio collections.

mrl
when using Discogs you also want to use the CrateDigger App. CrateDigger downloads the Discogs info so you have your list with you!

The biggest problem is adding your records into Discogs. Not a problem really, but you need to actually get a handle on your collection by doing it. ONCE you do get your stuff entered, it would be easy to keep up.....the note here is ONCE!

One thing about CrateDigger I have not figured out, nor really bothered to find out, is sometimes how it displays artists and titles in alphabetical order doesn't make sense.
example....Dan Fogelberg record albums all show up under D, not F

Question about discogs. So what if your version of an album is different than the ones listed on discogs. Are you allowed to make a new entry for that title that all will see? Or slightly modifying an existing listing and saving it as a new listing?

For example, i have an abbey road that included a very rare double sided poster, i dont see anything like that listed on discogs, though i do see similiar cover and disc descriptions but none include the poster.

Last edited:
You do not know enough about the vinyl to just arbitrarily change a copy of a title.

Are you going to tell us that you could not find the matrix number in the dead wax on Discogs?

You even ran another post here not knowing about that poster so nothing is definitive about if it even came with the copy of that title. I find stuff all the time that never came with the record but it's inside the cover so what.
The best thing you can do is leave a comment "in the comment section" under your title, catalog #, Matrix #, Label ID.

Also there is a colectors book on all Beatels records, there is also a colectors book on all records. This is were record stores get there pricing for out of the norm copies. They don't price from eBay or Discogs.

You can add to the database if your version of the release is not there. So yeah, I've personally added several dozen to the discogs database.

Here is the first release that I ever added personally:
http://www.discogs.com/Procol-Harum-Procol-Harum/release/5019664

http://www.discogs.com/user/wayne3burk/collection

As far as the value of your collection goes, you have to be logged in as yourself to see that data.

If your'e interested in what any particular album is another site to check is popsike, although I think it estimates values a bit on the high side, and doesn't break them down to specific releases of titles.

Chillax dude, i was using that as an example for my question.

But since you brought it up, any reference that has been found about that poster on the interrnet is that it was indeed in rare copies of abbey road. There is no other reference about that poster coming to existence from another source, say a newspaper, record store etc.

As far as pricing, books are a nice reference, but Sold prices on ebay are exactly that actual SOLD prices that people pay and not just book prices.

You do not know enough about the vinyl to just arbitrarily change a copy of a title.

Are you going to tell us that you could not find the matrix number in the dead wax on Discogs?

You even ran another post here not knowing about that poster so nothing is definitive about if it even came with the copy of that title. I find stuff all the time that never came with the record but it's inside the cover so what.
The best thing you can do is leave a comment "in the comment section" under your title, catalog #, Matrix #, Label ID.

Also there is a colectors book on all Beatels records, there is also a colectors book on all records. This is were record stores get there pricing for out of the norm copies. They don't price from eBay or Discogs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom