Phono cartridge installation question. / twisted pairs

kaplang

Works for me !
Twisted pairs are very common in the computer world to eliminate radio frequency created by send / receive along a data path between devices

So this raises my question.

Would their be any advantage or disadvantage to twisting the LG and L wires together and the RG and R wires together before connecting them to a phono cartridge keeping the pairs separated.

It may fall under the heading of " It couldn't hurt and it might help"

Just asking. :scratch2:

George

Twisted pairs are very common in the computer world to eliminate radio frequency created by send / receive along a data path between devices

So this raises my question.

Would their be any advantage or disadvantage to twisting the LG and L wires together and the RG and R wires together before connecting them to a phono cartridge keeping the pairs separated.

It may fall under the heading of " It couldn't hurt and it might help"

Just asking. :scratch2:

George

Yep, it falls under that heading. Where I have long enough, and flexible enough leads, I twist them counter to each. Does it help? dunno, never had a radio or CB break through either way. Just old habits die hard.
I tie my shoes funny too.

Yep, it falls under that heading. Where I have long enough, and flexible enough leads, I twist them counter to each. Does it help? dunno, never had a radio or CB break through either way. Just old habits die hard.
I tie my shoes funny too.

You mean, say, twist the left pair clockwise and the right pair counter-clockwise?

John

You mean, say, twist the left pair clockwise and the right pair counter-clockwise?

John

correct. I do that also with the wires that exit the rear of XA/XB arms, and then braid them with the ground wire. Seems to work, I've never had an issue of HF/RF rejection in the arm wires. Again though I've never had an issue with the cart leads either way.

Back
Top Bottom