Spring get-together at my place. Cobblefest I

doucanoe

Registered Audio Abuser
Spring is here and and figured that it was time to announce the date for my get-together. Looks like the best day/weekend for me is going to be Saturday May 22nd. I hope this date works for all who would like to attend.

In the past, we have had a great time playing with the good, the bad and the ugly. This year, I thought that it would be fun to focus on the DIY builder aspect of our hobby. With your help, we hope to have available for audition, builds from some of our groups most talented DIY guys. And like myself for example, some of our marginally talented ones :D

So far, sounds like we have tube and class A SS, speaker and misc. builds arriving from the likes of Redboy, Specialidiot, ejfud, Westend and myself (I hope I'm not forgetting anyone)

If you built it, bring it! If you restored it or re-capped it, bring it! :yes:

Same as last year, I will have four areas available for set up. Two being the living and family rooms, One garage and the other out on the deck.

I haven't sorted it out completely yet but the grill will be working overtime to feed everyone. If you would like to donate chips, snacks, soda or whatever, that would be much appreciated. This is a BYOB/beer event so bring along your own favorites. More info and directions will be provided to those who request it.

So, there it is. Bring your stuff or just yourself. Lets pray for a nice sunny Saturday and have some fun!

The Wankderosa presents Cobblefest .

"Get your cobble on!"

RC

Last edited:
I once dated a gal that could eat a cob of corn through a picket fence and never miss a single kernel. I might be able to scare up a homebrew or two. Whatcha got for efficient type spikkers?:scratch2:

There won't be any excessively loud solid state stuff will there? My hearing is very delicate.

I once dated a gal that could eat a cob of corn through a picket fence and never miss a single kernel. I might be able to scare up a homebrew or two. Whatcha got for efficient type spikkers?:scratch2:

Oh, we have lots of horny stuff that can be driven by a couple of watts and most of the time is. I have 3-4 pair to roll out beyond the main system along with lot's o' tube ampage. Garys bringing a pair or two and hope Lance will bring his "Plant Hangers". There are usually a bunch more that show up.

There won't be any excessively loud solid state stuff will there? My hearing is very delicate.

I don't know what to tell ya. Judging by the lightning speed in which this thread is taking off, it looks like it might just be you and me anyway. If thats the case, we should be good ;)

You coming? that would be very cool to see you up this way for sure. If you do, definitely bring some tube stuff :thmbsp:

Here is something I finished today. Its a mono passive. I'm going to be running it for now with the Wharfedale SFB/3 but it will be set up driving a University 315C in a Karlson cab for the get-together for a little something different. I should have the stereo version done next week.

RC

Attachments

• Passive preamps 018.jpg
    Passive preamps 018.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Passive preamps 019 (1).jpg
    Passive preamps 019 (1).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Passive preamps 023.jpg
    Passive preamps 023.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 48
Ron,
Can't wait! I'll bring a couple of things to try(the 12 pack preamp...you hardly notice the hum after a 12 pack). Let me know what food items work the best.

Thanks,
Andy

Ron,
Can't wait! I'll bring a couple of things to try(the 12 pack preamp...you hardly notice the hum after a 12 pack). Let me know what food items work the best.

Thanks,
Andy

Ha! perfect! sounds like a couple I have owned in the past :D

You know, last year I think the food held out pretty well but anything is always appreciated.

I look forward to seeing you again , Andy. Let me know if you need directions again.

RC

I'll be there, Ron. Not sure if there's anything cobble I can bring, but I'll be sure to haul over something to offer up to the door prize porch.

Not really..Plan on bringing Darrins G-8000 and Carls CR-3020.I guess I could bring up one of my MOSFET's.

Last edited:
I'll be there, Ron. Not sure if there's anything cobble I can bring, but I'll be sure to haul over something to offer up to the door prize porch.

Excellent!

Well, if you get to cobbling, just bring it along :D

I forgot about the door prize stuff. Thanks, Darren, that would be great!

RC

Ooooh, I'll bring some cobble! I've got things that fit that description.

I can't wait for this!

“Efficient” speaker list for Jay:

3-way 350Hz Edgarhorn /JBL 2441 with Frazier Hornloaded bass bins and Altec 3000H tweeters, 1st order x-overs (main system)

2-way 650Hz Edgarhorn/JBL 2425 with JBL 2226 or E145’s in 4 and 5 cu-ft cabs 4Pi x-overs

2-way QSC horn/ B&C DE25’s with Leak 3090 T-line bass. X-over is the 5-component Schumacher design.

Original ewave horn/driver with JBL 4507 cab loaded with E145’s or Gauss 15’s (for the ewave guys :))

15” Allied 615HC’s (EV 15TRX) in Barzilay cabs.

15” University 315 in large Karlson cab for mono playback

Wharfedale SFB/3 for mono playback.

Maybe even the unveiling of the "Thing" It might be dangerous but you only live once.

I’m not sure what others are bringing yet.

RC

Back
Top Bottom