New England AK Imbolc FrankFest February 12th in Clinton, MA

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
Frank (aka fcarpcarp) said that if I could come up with a suitable reason to celebrate he would host another get together at his facility in Clinton MA, so here goes -
Imbolc, (pronounced "IM-bulk") is the festival of the lactating sheep.​

As a special incentive all lactating participants will get in for half price - everybody else is free. :yes::yes: Now that's a deal!

A perfect reason to get together, share some awesome tunes, gear, food and camaraderie - just like always!

Bring gear, music and stuff to sell, trade or just give away.
Bring a system to setup and share.
Put on a training seminar if you like.
Be prepared for fun!

Date is Saturday February 12th.
People usually start showing up around 11 AM and it runs until we can't stand any more fun (OK, usually around 7PM).

Location is just over the railroad tracks as you're exiting downtown Clinton in the mill building immediately on the right:
55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Frank's cell - 978-660-4182​

Let's spread the word for another great time.

Last edited:
First timer here

It sounds great. I never been to any AK event before. Any additional suggestions/details would be extremely helpful.
Thanks
Laz

It sounds great. I never been to any AK event before. Any additional suggestions/details would be extremely helpful.
Thanks
Laz
Take a look at the post from the previous event, you'll get the idea.
Just come prepared to have a good time.
If you have gear you'd like to demo bring that and we'll find you a spot to set it up.
If you have stuff to get rid of (sell, trade, giveaway) that's cool too - just don't leave stuff there.
Bringing food / drinks / etc is always appreciated but by no means mandatory.

I'm lookin' forward to it.

Hmm . . . which Fisher tube piece have I not brought there yet?:scratch2:

I'm not missing this one...this winter is killing me and I need the warmth of fellow AK audionuts!

I'm actually pretty intrigued. I don't have anything super high end to share, but it would be cool just to see how many setups could be hooked up with lights gleaming/music blaring. I hope there's solid electrical wiring at this venue! :)

These events are a blast and everybody is friendly and helpful.

The gear people bring is always great to see and you get to hear systems
that you may have never heard before but always wanted to.

There are plenty of electrical hookups and different rooms to set-up in.

There is always plenty to eat and drink and good conversation.

Last but not least, What else can you say about our gracious Host, FRANK,

A great guy, and Peter also with his Magic laser Nametag engraver!!

Cant wait to see you all again..:music: :banana: :banana:

Sounds like fun! I'll be in Boston in the morning and should be able to swing by on my way home.

:banana:

Does recapping result in an audible difference?

I have a Pioneer SX-850 receiver that I've fully recapped with Nichicon electrolytics (excepting the 2 large PS caps) and all of the 1uf and below electrolytics have been replaced with poly film caps. All tantalums have been replaced with electrolytics as well.
I was recently given a very nice SX-850 that had a blown fuse. I've recapped the power regulator PCB but left everything else original.

The amplifiers on both have been adjusted to identical factory specs.

The question is can we discern a sonic difference between the recapped and non-recapped receivers?

I'll set up an A/B speaker switch and have a variety of sources (TT, CD and RTR) and utilize my Polk Monitor 7 speakers.

I'm very interested to see if we can determine if there is a sonic upside to my OCCRD (Obsessive Compulsive Capacitor Replacement Disorder).
JimB

attachment.php

Attachments

• SX850x2.jpg
    SX850x2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 2,160
I might be able to make a trip out again. It was fun last year when I went. What to bring is always the question....

Awesome:banana:. I missed the last one but this Feb. 12th is marked now for Frank's get together. Always have a great time there.

So I'm watching Jarmusch's Night on Earth and Roberto Benigni's brilliant disquisition on his relationship with a ewe; discussing a fest with Jim, and he comes up with the festival of the lactating sheep....

I have a request: those who have decent flea amps; could you bring them?

The large room we used last time will no longer be available (and little loss, it sounded terrible); but Peter will make his space available and we have the entire 4th floor to work with. The 4th has low ceilings and lots of "stuff" to break things up.

Cheers, fcc

:scratch2:Frank, we tried to fill it with the Cornwalls,maybe if we can get some pro bass bins,and some Crown amps.

I'm going in a little bit different direction here. I'd like to explore single driver low watt stuff. Plenty of space downstairs for loud, different stuff upstairs.
I'm always open to whatever floats one's boat of course, and we have the space to accommodate everyone. Just indicating my interest.

Frank

:scratch2:Frank, we tried to fill it with the Cornwalls,maybe if we can get some pro bass bins,and some Crown amps.

w1jim just gave me the heads up :D

I'M THERE !!! no really - I am !

I need to throw some $$ into my new 65 fury wagon, so I'll DEFINITELY be bringing stuff to sell . . .

as for gear to play with, I'll bring some single driver goodies (Ampex, RCA, KLH, etc . . . )

I'll try like hell to wrap up one of these tube amps on the bench (which I havent touched in months:thumbsdn:) to compete in the flea power arena.

looking forward to seeing everyone ! :banana:

Hey Markus; Any chance of you bringing along those grills for the 5's also? Wow a 65 fury wagon full of gear; now that's like a 2 bedroom apartment on wheels.

I'm going in a little bit different direction here. I'd like to explore single driver low watt stuff. Plenty of space downstairs for loud, different stuff upstairs.
I'm always open to whatever floats one's boat of course, and we have the space to accommodate everyone. Just indicating my interest.

Frank

ahem I may be able to help with that...

Frank, we still need to get together for a play date with the 604Es! :)

Urchinn... you've been quiet! Too quiet...

You guys are killin me here. If it wasn't for my wife's birthday on the 12th I'd be there again. Had a ball last time.

Wonder how she'd like a musical birthday?:scratch2:

I've got a maggie RH-84 SET 6BQ5 amp with a redboy passive pre.
Marcus, do you have another Magnavox logo?

Back
Top Bottom