Request for PIONEER JA-R2 Rack Dimensions and Photos

BlueKatt

I'm in the process of buying my dream Pioneer rack system full of Fluoroscan gear. I want to rack mount everything but its difficult to find original Pioneer racks at affordable prices. Therefore, I have decided to build my own.

What I need are dimensions and close-up photos of some of the Pioneer racks. I think the JA-R2 will work for me but I know that Pioneer made several different sizes.

If anyone out there is willing to take a little time to make some measurments and photos I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

BlueKatt

Thanks for the links guys. They are helpful but I still need some dimensions and close-up photos.

I just saw a JA-R2 rack sell on eBay for $650.00. Crazy!

I'm definitely going to build my own.

BlueKatt

vertical rectangular profiles:60x30mm
horizontal rectangular profiles:60x30mm
front horizontal: 40x20mm
horizontal square: 25x25mm
triangular metal sheet: 2.25mm
wheels diameter: 50mm
top MDF: 30mm
bottom MDF: 60mm

Last edited:
This is all naked pictures I have. I can take more detailed pictures if needed.

smhd.jpg

4nhd.jpg

Have you start working on them already? I will send you badge only when I see progress :finger: :yippy:

I'm the crazy guy the bought the last rack off eBay for $650, they are selling the rack mount shelves for 300 so I bought the rack. I had all the gear and I needed it
Supply and demand
45 people were watching it and I wanted it
I work for a steel fabrication shop, but it wouldn't be a Pioneer rack....

CAn anyone give me the dimensions accross from mounting hole to mounting hole ? I am wondering if I could possibly use a server rack for something like this. These pioneer rack as desirable but far and few between, but as an IT guy I can get server equipment racks fairly cheap.

CAn anyone give me the dimensions accross from mounting hole to mounting hole ? I am wondering if I could possibly use a server rack for something like this. These pioneer rack as desirable but far and few between, but as an IT guy I can get server equipment racks fairly cheap.

Pioneer's rack mountable components are standard rack width so yes, a server rack will work but as far as I'm concerned, a communications rack is less bulky and a better overall solution. Also, get a server drawer for your turntable.

Look here for pics of my rack system:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=154083

Back
Top Bottom