MX460 Idle current

OMGCat!

I'm going to put the MX460 back into use but figured I should give it a quick once over since it's been in the closet for a while now.
I don't have a service manual for it but I'd like to set the idle current while I have it open for de-dusting. I found a manual on the auction place that I just bought but if anyone knows what the specs are that would get me going quicker. There seems to be no offset adjustment either, correct?

Also, I've got a few stick on heat sinks left over from another project and was wondering if it would be a bad idea to stick one on the rectifier? My M60 has sinks on it's rectifiers and in my experience with guitar stuff the rectifiers always get toasty. Figured it can't hurt but maybe they didn't put one on there for a reason.

Can you post a photo of the inside component side of the main PC board?

Here are some photos:

Spartan layout in here especially after having just refurbed a Pioneer SX=8.

Bias test points are the three little pins sticking out of the topside of those two dual emitter resistors.

Attachments

• IMG_0006_zpszccerxvh.jpg
    IMG_0006_zpszccerxvh.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 10
Most likely it will be the two pins closest together.On each assembly. That would be measuring across both the emitters resistors for that final pair. What resistance value is printed on those resistor assemblies ? Like .22Ω or .47Ω ect.

Voltages at the rails are +54.2 and -54.3.
At the emmiter resistor test points you pointed out I'm measuring 22.8mV left and 21.3mV right after it's been idling for about 20 minutes.

EDIT: Service manual should be here some time this week. I'll post up what it says when I get it in case someone else needs the info at some point.

Last edited:
Voltages at the rails are +54.2 and -54.3.
At the emmiter resistor test points you pointed out I'm measuring 22.8mV left and 21.3mV right after it's been idling for about 20 minutes.

EDIT: Service manual should be here some time this week. I'll post up what it says when I get it in case someone else needs the info at some point.

If the heatsinks are cool to the touch. Leave'm be.

For anyone working on a MX460, the idle current is 10mV +/-5mV at the test points pointed out earlier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom