Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

I think the thing that has sold me on Yamaha stuff, is that every time I have the opportunity to hear something sufficiently "high end" it sounds a lot more Yamaha-like than most of the other affordable gear I've heard from Marantz, Pioneer, Denon, etc. I feel like the closer you can get to your sound being definied purely by the speakers and less by the amplifier, the better off you are.

On a related note - I recently took my daughter's CR-1020 (like father - like daughter!) to a higher-end audio shop for some service. The guys at the shop really ranted and raved about what a nice piece it is and wanted to buy it. Sorry gents... No can do...

I think my CR-1020 is one piece I'd never consider replacing. Or the P-2200. Or the P-2100's, or anything else with 'Yamaha' on the face plate...

My father had a CR-620 with NS-690's when we kids were 17 and 18. Actually the pieces that got me hooked on Yamaha. Thought I'd redo a CR-2020 for his 85 th B-day. Maybe even give his NS-690's back.:D:scratch2:

My father had a CR-620 with NS-690's when we kids were 17 and 18. Actually the pieces that got me hooked on Yamaha. Thought I'd redo a CR-2020 for his 85 th B-day. Maybe even give his NS-690's back.:D:scratch2:

You...are one he'll of a guy!:thmbsp:

I my as well add my collection. All units bought within the last 6 years, mostly craigs list.
CA-810 (integrated}needs light bulbs. My favorite amp
CR-2040 (rec'v)I've had this for less than a year. Use it in my basement listening area. I no longer rotate amps in this room
C-70 (pre-amp) picked it up on e-bay. I put down a minimum bid and was shocked when no body else wanted it. It did need work. a good deoxit session and a few bad solder joints and it was up and running. And the case needs to be stripped and repainted. Missing control panel door. But no problems with any relays. I don't have a vintage amp to go with it. I never see a reasonable priced power amp for sale. I do have a modern amp. Doesn't look right ;-)
R-70 late 80's receiver back up. Found it at a good price. Sounds OK to me. Hope to use it in a bedroom system someday.

5f1e0b036f6766134bcd3cb5263378b0.jpg

YP-D71

Sent from my Nexus Device using my thumbs.

I wish Yamaha would follow Onkyo's lead and introduce a new turntable... A modernized YP-D71 to go with there "A-S/CD-S" series of audio equipment.

That is the dream, or at least the reasonably achievable dream for myself. Once I get these two cars paid off I am going to spend big stacks of money on a serious system and a 2010 is at the top of the list.

P5230001.jpg

EQ-550. Got it at a garage sale today for $10. I'm not an equalizer guy, mainly because I have little clue how to properly use them. But it's cool-looking and the build quality is really nice, so I had to have it. It was supposed to have a microphone with it, but the guy couldn't find it.

If nothing else I can just turn the EQ switch off and watch the frequency meter. It's kind of zen.

Rack of Yammie goodness, mostly. CA-810, CT-610II, EQ-550, CDC-585.

The CT-610II tuner is the most recent addition. I love the way it sounds, but yes, the interior of the thing is as empty as you have heard. Waiting for some light bulbs for the tuning meters to finish it off, but it cleaned up pretty well for a $9 purchase. The equalizer is also fairly recent - I have actually found it somewhat useful as it has obvious fine-tuning advantages over the amp's tone controls. At low volumes it sounds great. At higher volumes I simply turn it off.

The turntable is a Technics (not that you care) I would love to replace it with a decent Yammie someday.

the tiger mask is not some freaky sex thing, I have kids. LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom