Ground tag C-4 preamp

rockman

Hi
Rockman here.

I stopped posting last December.I had a close bereavement.................................

Can anyone tell me the purpose of the black plastic surround 'cup' on the outside of the grounding tag?

I had to break mine up in order to remove the frozen tag screw in the center(and dismantle the amp to get at it.)

I now am in the process of making up a new preamp case ground tag,and will bolt down the tonearm ground wire to the new(and heaftier) tag bolt,but without the plastic 'washer/cup' thing.

I can't see this making a difference,the tone arm tag is now directly on to the case of the preamp.
Regards

Rockman

I believe it is there to make it more difficult to use the ground tag. This is chassis ground but not RCA outside connection which is usually a ground.

so maybe it is to keep the wires from touching the RCA inputs.

I removed mine from my C-4 when I installed a new ground tag and haven't had any problems. If I remember correctly the ground tag was just bolted the rear casing of the C-4 anyway.

Hi
Rockman here.

I stopped posting last December.I had a close bereavement.................................

Can anyone tell me the purpose of the black plastic surround 'cup' on the outside of the grounding tag?

I had to break mine up in order to remove the frozen tag screw in the center(and dismantle the amp to get at it.)

I now am in the process of making up a new preamp case ground tag,and will bolt down the tonearm ground wire to the new(and heaftier) tag bolt,but without the plastic 'washer/cup' thing.

I can't see this making a difference,the tone arm tag is now directly on to the case of the preamp.
Regards

Rockman

Actually it was to prevent the spade lug on the TT ground wire from spinning while trying to tighten it down.

Back
Top Bottom