I'm excited to say the least.Finally got a CR 2020!!

bandg69

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have wanted this receiver since a week after I got my 1020 and everyone in this forum knows why. Two weeks ago, a 2020 showed up on Chicago CL. Out of my price range but I called anyway. Seller says it's in my storage unit and oh yeah one channel is much weaker than the other. Said I'd think about it. Just 2 days later this one showed up at just my price. Sent a message with my phone number. Got a call back from a young lady who says it was grandpa's. He's been gone six years and grandma just passed so she was emptying their condo for her parents. Tells me She works 2 jobs and goes to school but I was 1st to respond so she would give me 1st look. I will call you when I have time to meet you there. Sent me an occasional text to assure me it was still there just very busy with life. Well she called yesterday and out the door I went. It had been unused for at least 6 years and probably closer to 10 she said. Gave it a quick listen, took out the cash and paid the very fair asking price. Picked up my prize, thanked her and smiled all the way home. In fact I'm still smiling. Next week it goes to my tech for SB service, general check up and any adjustments and service needed. BEHOLD!

Attachments

• cr 2020 002.jpg
    cr 2020 002.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 74
  • cr 2020 001.jpg
    cr 2020 001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 61
  • cr 2020 003.jpg
    cr 2020 003.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 27
  • cr 2020 004.jpg
    cr 2020 004.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 19
  • cr 2020 005.jpg
    cr 2020 005.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 37
well, it looks perfect, and after the service it will sound perfect too!
such lucky finds are almost impossible here in Italy, I'm afraid... :pity:

Gorgeous Yamaha. I missed out on one quite a while back when the family decided at the last moment not to sell. Can you blame them? Good luck with the service, hope it comes out nicely. Enjoy the music and the looks of your new "lady".

The Queen Mary of Yamaha Natural Sound Receivers.

A hearty "Congrats". That's a truly magnificent machine.

-Billy

Love the look and sound of those old Yamahas! Enjoy!

Thanks for all the comments. Did some listening this morning while getting ready for work and I love it. As far as the service I am lucky enough to have a very good local tech that I use. And as a bonus he loves the old Yamaha gear. Of course if I had to ship it(and I'm really glad I don't) you know it would have to go to one of our Yamaha supermen here at AK.

Ah yes, I wish the AK community lives closer to each other- more selection for tech's. Don't skip the main caps on these units, they benefit from replacement.

Well done.

I should go turn my CR-3020 on in honor.

But then I would have to look at that wonky, thumpy - only 400WPC and then it clips - PC5002M in the rack and the busted MX2000 on my bench.

Back
Top Bottom