Mlb 2014

www.records

Quality over Quantity
I know we have some baseball fans on AK so thought I would start a thread for discussion, bragging or venting.

I was watching my Cardinals play the Nats last night and was shocked at the defense of the Nats. I know it was a fluke and not indicative of a very good Nationals team, but frankly last night they were kicking it around like a little league team. Cards won 9-0 on a CG 2 hit gem by Wainright, with lots of runs left on the bases by the Cards.

Come on Nats, you are a MUCH better team than you displayed last night. I have gotta think some of the clubhouse leaders had a lot to say after last night's game.

So, how is your team doing so far?

I know we have some baseball fans on AK so thought I would start a thread for discussion, bragging or venting.

I was watching my Cardinals play the Nats last night and was shocked at the defense of the Nats. I know it was a fluke and not indicative of a very good Nationals team, but frankly last night they were kicking it around like a little league team. Cards won 9-0 on a CG 2 hit gem by Wainright, with lots of runs left on the bases by the Cards.

Come on Nats, you are a MUCH better team than you displayed last night. I have gotta think some of the clubhouse leaders had a lot to say after last night's game.

So, how is your team doing so far?

My team is the Nats. They looked pathetic last night. For whatever reason, their normally outstanding defense has sucked so far this year. For that matter, a couple of their normally outstanding pitchers (particularly Strasburg) have not looked good. Also, they have a ton of injuries to key players (Fister, Spann, Ramos ...).

I think their new manager, Matt Williams, has them trying too hard. The first game of the year had nearly as many base-running errors as there were defensive errors last night. They need to lighten up and let their talent shine through. I'm going to the Nats/Cards game tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll be a better game.

Longtime Orioles fan here.
The AL East is going to be a dog fight this year.
Our schedule has been brutal to open the season but we are holding our own right now even though our offense has been missing action for long stretches.

The Nats had a much better game tonight. Gio Gonzalez was excellent.

Yes, they played a good game. Cards made the errors tonight. For me it was disappointing, but still an entertaining game to watch. Cards had their chances but couldn't produce. I don't think we are gonna see a repeat of a team batting average of .330 with RISP. Rubber game tomorrow. Finn, I hope you get to enjoy a great game tomorrow.

Yes, they played a good game. Cards made the errors tonight. For me it was disappointing, but still an entertaining game to watch. Cards had their chances but couldn't produce. I don't think we are gonna see a repeat of a team batting average of .330 with RISP. Rubber game tomorrow. Finn, I hope you get to enjoy a great game tomorrow.

Thanks. The forecast is good, we have good seats and Jordan Zimmerman is pitching. Hope springs eternal.

Thanks. The forecast is good, we have good seats and Jordan Zimmerman is pitching. Hope springs eternal.

Did you stick around for the finish? Rosenberg has been struggling closing out a game in his last few attempts. He may have some issues being instead of 97-100 mph fastballs he is around 94-95 most of the time. I will be glad when Motte comes back, which may not be too much longer.

Did you stick around for the finish? Rosenberg has been struggling closing out a game in his last few attempts. He may have some issues being instead of 97-100 mph fastballs he is around 94-95 most of the time. I will be glad when Motte comes back, which may not be too much longer.

I split in the middle of the 9th. Yet again, an error (Rendon's throwing error on the double play in the 2nd) results in a loss. Drat.

Finn, both teams played less than stellar defense in the series. And the team that had the errors lost the games. Hopefully both teams will shore up their defense or it could be a disappointing season for the both of us.

Finn, both teams played less than stellar defense in the series. And the team that had the errors lost the games. Hopefully both teams will shore up their defense or it could be a disappointing season for the both of us.

Indeed, though I think your team may be a bit more resilient at the moment. If these teams get all parts of their games working, they'll both be in the hunt. Hell, we're in the hunt playing as inconsistently as we are. There are lots of good players on both teams.

I like the Nats. The team & the organization. Early season games are like that. Some days are better than others. My guess is the cool weather. I remember playing baseball. Cool weather was difficult. The hot weather was when everything worked.

The Mets look very good some games. Other games they look like last years team. The series with the Angles last week was a good one.
We still need to see how trading Ike Davis to the Pirates will work for the Mets. The Bucks got a very good 1st baseman.

I like the Nats too, but am a lifelong Cards fan.

Jblmar, looks like the Cards are coming to town. I haven't seen your Mets play yet this year. Cards are around the mid point of 20 games in 20 days with most on the road against good teams. I have noticed every game, a starting position player is getting a rest. Personally this is a good time of year to get this stretch of games over. The July/August heat would be really tough. GO CARDS!:yes::banana:

I like the Nats too, but am a lifelong Cards fan.

Jblmar, looks like the Cards are coming to town. I haven't seen your Mets play yet this year. Cards are around the mid point of 20 games in 20 days with most on the road against good teams. I have noticed every game, a starting position player is getting a rest. Personally this is a good time of year to get this stretch of games over. The July/August heat would be really tough. GO CARDS!:yes::banana:

Mets v Cards series starts tonight.:thmbsp:

And Nats vs. Angels. They're hyping the Bryce Harper vs. Mike Trout angle quite a bit around here.

MLB Tonight was weighing in on them playing against each other for the first time. In my mind while Harper is a good young player, Trout has been truly remarkable. I think Harper's best is yet to be seen. Trout on the other hand, how can he get much better? He is a studs stud.

Huge Baseball fan. Lots of teams I follow. Too many to list.

Saw the Cards Nats game. I'm more of a Cards fan so was not disappointed that they won, however, I do like a tighter game for the excitement. The Nats were pretty bad yesterday.

I'm very happy that MLB Network is actually broadcasting a lot of games this year rather than all the commentary. This way I can watch more than local FOX decides they want me watching. I used to subscribe to "Extra Innings" years ago and that was nice as you got every single game.

One main reason I got HDTV was for Baseball. You can't beat it in High Def.

I get to Baltimore on occasion on business and love Camden Yards. Especially when the Yankees play. Like both teams so I go home happy. Always secretly route for the Orioles as they were my childhood team and I'd like to see them get to the Series.

Ah, so glad Baseball season is here again! :)

Of course Ike Davis gets traded on Friday and hits a Grand Slam in tonight's game as a Pirate.
When they leave the Mets they have a great career (Remember Nolan Ryan.) When the great players come to the Mets most can't play anymore. George Forster comes to mind.The exception being Keith Hernandez.

Last edited:
I like the Nats. The team & the organization. Early season games are like that. Some days are better than others. My guess is the cool weather. I remember playing baseball. Cool weather was difficult. The hot weather was when everything worked.

The Mets look very good some games. Other games they look like last years team. The series with the Angles last week was a good one.
We still need to see how trading Ike Davis to the Pirates will work for the Mets. The Bucks got a very good 1st baseman.

Im liking him right now haha.

Im liking him right now haha.

Yea, but we'll be getting'a better player to be named later' than the minor leaguer we got on Friday. I couldn't stop laughing when I heard that. Isn't a Player to be Named Later an unknown at the present. Typical Mets trade.
Perhaps the PTBNL is The Brooklyn Bridge.:D

.....the uniforms worn by the Mets tonight looked ridiculous to me, but the Mets certainly earned the win over the Cardinals....was that actually camouflage jerseys and hats???....

Back
Top Bottom