Building a new home theater set up

BmWr75

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hey Guys,

When I sold the house in PA the new owner purchased the basement home theater set up. So, I am slowly gathering the pieces and parts for a new HT on the house we are building in MS.

So far I've purchased a Denon AVR-4520CI AVR to build the system around. It has been nearly 7 years since I built the last HT system. Any recommendations on bang for the buck components and speakers to complete this new HT system?

Thanks,
Scott

I just bought a new Yamaha ht receiver and have spent the last week sorta figuring everything out. It replaced an old Denon receiver.

One thing that's fun/convenient is using a phone or tablet to control the receiver using the manufacturer's app. Denon has a similar deal as Yamaha. Of course, you'll need to either hook up the Denon to your router or get a wifi receiver.

In order to control a blu-ray player with the phone app, it would make most sense to get a Denon player, that way you could control the player from the app and adjust volume up/down on on the same "page." Check out the Denon blu-ray app to make sure. A nice thing about the 4520 is the built-in CAT 5 switch.

Consider the multi-zone capabilities of your receiver in routing sound/video to another room.

Airplay and Pandora are nice for a great variety of music to listen to; I've got Airplay classical on right now though the ht receiver and the sound quality is great.

Murray

Back
Top Bottom