Lets See All Them Axes

Very beautiful.

Here is my new strat and amplifier - I'm in tone heaven :banana: :banana:

IMG_2681_zps085c5a3a.jpg

IMG_2677_zpsb4f8135f.jpg

Thanks guy's, is the Badcat all tube? that's a nice looking Strat and amp.

Tube

Had me a nice ES-295 once ... think it was a '53...? Should'a kept it but i say that about 80-90% of the geetars I've passed through the last 40-s.t. years. :smoke:

That's great, guitar tube amps are the best as like above (Fender) and yours.
I just got a Electro E12 ( Rickenbacker B9A) tube amp off ebay, It's from the
mid 60's and all original I just put in a Weber 12A125A speaker and it sounds
marvelous!

Tube

Last edited:
My "Money Guitar." '74 Les Paul Custom in Tobacco Sunburst. Bought her for the princely sum of $325 in 1983. This guitar help me earn my money that put me through college. The '74 Marshall came along later...

_MG_5962%20copy.jpg

_MG_5963%20copy.jpg

Blast from the past:

Shindig-1.jpg

ETA: The Super Lead head is a '74. The cab is a re-badged Park from the early 90s.

Last edited:
Over the past 1/2 year, I bought and sold a bunch of guitars. I think I had 8 at one point. These are the 4 that remain:

2001 Squier P-Bass
Mods: Brass nut, 3-ply pickguard modified to fit
Currently my only bass. Not bad, but I'd like to get a decent Jazz Bass instead.

2003 Squier Cyclone
Mods: That sweet K.Flay sticker, otherwise stock.
As a fan of Fender Mustangs and oddball guitars, I love this thing.

2006 Fender Telecaster
Mods: Duncan Hot Rails in bridge, Fender '50s Reissue neck pickup, Mighty Mite neck, '60s Jazzmaster toggle switch, CTS linear 500K volume pot, no tone control, toggle switch for humbucker coil splitting
I wanted to make something functionally ridiculous but still aesthetically pleasing, so I went with twang-to-metal in the flick of a switch along with Sonic-Youth-influenced tone delete built into a nice off-white Tele.
(build thread here)

2014 "Shitcaster"
Contents: 1970-or-so Teisco ET-200 body, mid-2000s Fender Starcaster neck and bridge, MIM standard Telecaster neck pickup, tone, and volume, Tele/Strat/Teisco pickguard combo
This was the 100% ridiculous build.

4eYfAeo.jpg

H1Y5RII.jpg

Added some stickers:
RbD69Lo.jpg

Last edited:
This is a bit more flashy and more fanboy than I usually go, but I built this up a few years back and had a local guy do the finish work. It was a pretty cool project, but I think I have it sold to someone that is really a Hendrix fan. (Please forgive the mismatched pickup covers and knobs).

Thanks man. My buddy bought a left-handed 1996 MIJ Fender and someone had taken a lighter to the neck... talk about flamed maple!

The body had been stripped down so my WAG is that they had taken a lighter to the paint on the body but didn't like the result and just finished it in tinted poly stain to make it useable again. This is another guitar I built up using that body and gave to my left-handed brother-in-law:

I had a 1986 MIJ Fender that was in pretty rough shape (finish-wise) and an extra set of Fender CS69 pickups and I just was inspired to do the Monterey Pop Festival thing. I traded a guy a cheap amp do to the psychedelic hand finish stuff. I did the red and white.

Last edited:
Just finished this last week, don't even have the strap buttons on yet...
Alder body, surf green, humbucker harness out of some MIM strat.

That's what the primer is for. Alder needs no grain or pore filling, so the primer is the sealer coat. I've also sprayed the color on without primer, depending on which wood is being used. And sometimes you want to see the grain through the finish, so that would be no primer, or use a clear sealer like shellac or sanding sealer.
I intentionally used no primer, just sealer, on this pine body so the grain would show.

My "new" bass arrived today via FedEx. It's a 2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass, and I got it cheaper than usual because he said the sound would cut out occasionally. All I had to do was tighten the nut on the input jack. Gotta love stupid people. That saved me $40. Other than the usual pickguard wear, it looks brand new.

NNbj8TO.jpg

My first Fender

1969 Fender Mustang in Competition Blue.

This guitar was my first solid body and my first Fender. Bought this gem, used, in 1980 from a small Mom/Pop music store. It replaced my old Vox Student Prince, which was good enough to learn on but wasn't exactly "cool...."

The store is still in business after all these years. The owner, now, is the son of the store's founder. It was the son who sold me this guitar. Every time I go in to the store to check out the used section he offers to buy it back from me for DOUBLE (!!!!!) what I paid for it..... which was $150 w/case...

IMG_0398%20copy.jpg

IMG_0400%20copy.jpg

IMG_0399%20copy.jpg

IMG_0403%20copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom