A-720 Class A, Tone Bypass switches acting up

39cross

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
When I acquired this A-720 the Class A switch was not properly turning on and off - pressing it turned Class A off, but then it would turn itself back on. The tone bypass switch was causing popping sounds when switched on and off, and was involved in cutting in and out of one of the channels. I didn't see any way to get deoxit into these, but I tried to work some in through the front of the push button around the edges and it did improve.

After sitting on the shelf for a few months though, the original issues are back. I can shoot some more deoxit in as before. But is there any way to get in there and give these a better cleaning?

When I acquired this A-720 the Class A switch was not properly turning on and off - pressing it turned Class A off, but then it would turn itself back on. The tone bypass switch was causing popping sounds when switched on and off, and was involved in cutting in and out of one of the channels. I didn't see any way to get deoxit into these, but I tried to work some in through the front of the push button around the edges and it did improve.

After sitting on the shelf for a few months though, the original issues are back. I can shoot some more deoxit in as before. But is there any way to get in there and give these a better cleaning?

Post a photo of the switch. If its like I'm thinking. It needs to be disassembled to be properly cleaned. It won't matter how much deoxit you try to spray into it. It won't get to where it needs to go to be effective.

Post a photo of the switch. If its like I'm thinking. It needs to be disassembled to be properly cleaned. It won't matter how much deoxit you try to spray into it. It won't get to where it needs to go to be effective.
OK, thanks, will do.

Here's a shot but it's blurry - best I can manage at the moment.

attachment.php

Attachments

• a720-switches-flip.jpg
    a720-switches-flip.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom