Name that tonearm

Ronito6

As a follow up to my:
"What cassette (really should have been cartridge) is this?"

What tone arm is this? Hoping to track down it's manual.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mystery tonearm.jpg
    mystery tonearm.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
BTW in your cartrige thread I was talking about the value of the cartrige you have. This arm is the (TOTL) SME Series V at a list price of $5000, I doudt anyone put a cheapo MC on it in the first place.

I can't believe the way this gear is being stored and if the one that has it really knew the value would they do this.

This arm cleaned up and working on the used mraket is around $2000-$2500

Well as long as I'm on a roll here

Which version of the SME 3009 might this one be?

attachment.php

Attachments

• SME 3009.jpg
    SME 3009.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 97
It's a Thorens Prestige

Sadly not mine.
It belongs to an new acquaintance who thought it was broken. I fixed it in two seconds.

The drive belt was removed and just hanging off the motor.

His he and his wife were were so happy they were practically ready to offer me their daughter.

I really would prefer the TT tho. That Thorens Prestige is AMAZING!

It's a Thorens Prestige

Sadly not mine.
It belongs to an new acquaintance who thought it was broken. I fixed it in two seconds.

The drive belt was removed and just hanging off the motor.

His he and his wife were were so happy they were practically ready to offer me their daughter.

I really would prefer the TT tho. That Thorens Prestige is AMAZING!

No Shit!!!, and they have it in that condision? Lordy, do they understand the rarety and value of that pile of junk collecting dust?:D

Thorens%20Prestige(09).JPG

Yeah. Surprised the hell out of me.

They are an older Japanese couple who simply displayed it as non-fuctional eye candy in their museum. It was literally a museum piece...but I got it singing.

Going to visit them again this weekend to balance out the black tonearm which is functioning fine. And to balance and generally check the 3009 arm on a cartrige/headshell from my home.

I gave them an heads up on the TT's worth too.

It was very roughly $23,000.00 new according the the brochure / flier they had...which is all info they had about it.

Last edited:
Follow the Series VI instructions for setup, I doubt they have the protractor and tools that come with the arm but ask them.

"I doubt they have the protractor and tools that come with the arm but ask them."
Not a problem. If they don't have it I'm pretty sure my own tools will suffice.

Back
Top Bottom