Fisher 220

I'm new to the vintage audio gear and need some advice. I have an opportunity to buy a 220 for $40. Can't find too much information on the web about these. It is branded as "The Fisher 220" so I know it's an older model. Anyone have experience with this model? How does it sound? And is $40 a good deal?

1966-67 model. Correct Model Nomenclature is 220-T. Look on the back panel for confirmation. Maybe good for 20-25Watts RMS. Germanium outputs. May or may not need an alignment. Ask to hook up some spkrs and listening to it for a few. If it sounds good TO YOU, thats all that ultimately matters. What may sound Bitchen to me, may sound like a beer fart in a whirlwind to you. And Vice Versa.

Again, if you, after auditioning it, feel it's a good deal, go for it. Different people have different levels of "GOOD DEAL". Some guys won't recognize it as a good deal unless someone paid them to take it away, and others pay handsomly for a piece that should have not made the cut for "FUGLY". It all boils down to what YOU think is a good deal. To me a good deal on a rig that has absolutely no familial support, if it's working in all modes, and it sounds decent, plays my favorite station, and has a PHONO input, and is under $20-$50 (depending on model) then it's a good deal to me. Any number of guys will disagree. but then again any number of members will agree. So ultimately it's up to you to decide.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom