Dumb question on a Fisher 460a

oldtexasdog

I have a 460a converted for stand alone chassis, and I see it has 2 RCA inputs marked WS-1 Speakers. What does WS-1 mean? I am using the 4 terminals marked 8 ohm for my spealers right now.
Thanks
PS
It does have a wonderfull voice with lots of power! Love it:music:

"WS1" refers to the surround/remote speakers that rarely accompanied the consoles.

Have no idea what the "W" stands for...sorta reminds me of the old Heathkit tube amp I had whose speaker terminals were marked "ES" and "WS" (east side and west side), rather than left & right. :scratch2:

WS-1 = Wide SURROUND 1.
WS-2 = Wide SURROUND 2.

They were satellite speakers that you could use to expand the stereo experience, especially with a console. They were an option, I believe around $29.99.
Mainly Upper Mids and High Freq response.

Larry

That's right - they're not inputs, they're outputs.
Just for fun, make up some speaker cables with RCA's on one end & hook up some small speakers....

Thanks-I would assume then that there would be no impedance mis-matching problems then with a lets say 8 ohm small single or two way speaker?
Thanks again

I had my 460a running for a week or two then it blew a transformer on one channel. My fault, should have changed "all" the electros. I am looking for a replacement if anyone knows of, or is hording, one.

Hi all
I have an Ambassador console with a 59A amp. It also has the WS1 & WS2. I have a pair of large Kenwood 3 ways hooked up and all has worked great for the past year.
I use the regular screw terminals for another two sets of remote speakers controlled by the remote speaker setting on the console. The advantage of using the WS1&2 is that the main speakers in the console work in unison with the Kenwoods on the main speaker setting. This way I have great sound and separation at the console location in the living room on just the "main speaker setting"
All have the same 8 ohm output.
Keep the Fishers going!!!
George

Back
Top Bottom