Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Hello all here are my collection (almost)

I am the first owner of all.
My pride is a rare CR-2040
My AX-900 is still in use
DSP E-200
Cassettedeck KX-800 & KX-400
CD player CDX-710
SAC/DVD S-1500
Tuner TX-400

and also have 2 more cassette and 2 vinyls and some speakers.

And there are some newer AV for watching movies of course and also Yamaha:D

Sorry for bad quality due the limit of size

Attachments

• P1000923.jpg
    P1000923.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 82
  • P1000924.jpg
    P1000924.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 78
  • P1000925.jpg
    P1000925.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
She sounds great but not much to look at. I could use a new face plate and Volume knob to prettier her up a bit.

Sounds like Han Solo:

"She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

Beautiful set up, I had one of those TTs way back, still the nicest looking Rega as far as I am concerned and certainly the best choice for a vintage rig. I am sure that sounds very nice.

Jamaha

...Natural Sound Sweetness, hooked up to a pair of KEF ls50's, passed the blindfolded wife A-B test of investment.

Thanks to Salem HiFi Service in Salem, MA for squaring away the Amp, pre-amp and TT.

Attachments

• IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 88
Yammy CR620

I love this CR 620 receiver. It is absolutely mint. Love the wood box too. They just don't make them like they used to! I run this for my office with two Dynaco A25s and a Yammy YPB4 Table. Vintage baby! Sounds great

Attachments

• IMG_7704.jpg
    IMG_7704.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
BX-1's

YamahaBX-1s2.jpg

YamahaBX-1s1.jpg

Where do they sit on the Yamaha sonic performance curve? Closer to the B2x or the B-2?
I've never heard BX-1's. Here's what I've heard about them. You may recall a thread AK'er Yamaha B-2 started when he had an opportunity to buy a pair of BX-1's. After buying them he posted that after listening to them for a while that they had displaced his B-2. I don't recall him posting anything further on the BX-1's until he sold them to another AK'er (EricC). I found that rather odd. I contacted Eric a few months later and inquired if he would be interested in selling them. He was not. I gathered from out correspondence that he was very happy with them.

At the time of it's introduction in the early '80's the B-2x was Yamaha's TOTL amp, with an msrp of $1500. The B-2 is nicely built but it's not in the same class as the B-2x. The B-2 however does have VFET magic. If I had to choose one I'm not sure which it would be.

I love this CR 620 receiver. It is absolutely mint. Love the wood box too. They just don't make them like they used to! I run this for my office with two Dynaco A25s and a Yammy YPB4 Table. Vintage baby! Sounds great
I have one of those that I bought of CL, waiting for a place to hook it up.

You may recall a thread AK'er Yamaha B-2 started when he had an opportunity to buy a pair of BX-1's. After buying them he posted that after listening to them for a while that they had displaced his B-2. I don't recall him posting anything further on the BX-1's until he sold them to another AK'er (EricC). I found that rather odd.

The B-2 however does have VFET magic. If I had to choose one I'm not sure which it would be.
IIRC, Yamaha B-2 listened to the BX-1s for several months and his long-term listening preference was for the B-2 VFET presentation, which in the end, he found to be smoother and more pleasant from bottom to top. Also, going by my somewhat faulty memory, after Eric had the BX-1s for several months one of them died and Rob went through them after that to recap and whatever else. They ran so hot it baked the paint off the transformers.

IIRC, Yamaha B-2 listened to the BX-1s for several months and his long-term listening preference was for the B-2 VFET presentation, which in the end, he found to be smoother and more pleasant from bottom to top. Also, going by my somewhat faulty memory, after Eric had the BX-1s for several months one of them died and Rob went through them after that to recap and whatever else. They ran so hot it baked the paint off the transformers.

To my ears, I've had several BJT amps over the years; none of the caliber of the BX-1's though, but in all of my cases I'd have to I agree with Y B-2 as far as spectral smoothness goes. The B-2 and the B-1 with more SPL IMHO are at the top of the Yamaha pecking order as far as the sonics go and as an aside, Y B-2's B-2 is still going strong today at my friends place. I'll bet the same can't be said about his BX-1's. They're probably sitting somewhere waiting to be reconditioned after they cooked themselves to death.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• My B-2 Wht VU.jpg
    My B-2 Wht VU.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 376
  • Heavy Side 15.jpg
    Heavy Side 15.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
To my ears, I've had several BJT amps over the years; none of the caliber of the BX-1's though, but in all of my cases I'd have to I agree with Y B-2 as far as spectral smoothness goes. The B-2 and the B-1 with more SPL IMHO are at the top of the Yamaha pecking order as far as the sonics go and as an aside, Y B-2's B-2 is still going strong today at my friends place. I'll bet the same can't be said about his BX-1's. They're probably sitting somewhere waiting to be reconditioned after they cooked themselves to death.

I haven't had the BX-1 amps, but I have ran B-2x, MX-2000, M-4, M-2, and the pro PC2002M. The B-2 is the overall best amp for me. Smooth and ballsy would by my description of the power.

Sadly I think I'm going to be parting with my Yamaha stack (B-2, C-2x, T-1, PX-3). I spent some time with them Friday, but that was the first time in over a year.

Back
Top Bottom